My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Anticipation..

One might well wonder how someone who has over 100 books in her TBR pile could possible get excited over more books (and movies) that haven't even come out yet! 

If someone knows the answer please let me know!

Chris, from Stuff as Dreams are Made On,wrote about his excitement waiting for new books to be released and I thought I would copy his idea and give you my list ....

There are a few books coming out that I look forward too and I don't know how to break the vicious cycle long enough to get the tbr pile under control !  And we won't mention the "m" word (money)

So.. with that said here are a few things I am looking forward to:

The first is a movie.. April 22nd  Avatar comes out on DVD!!! 

   I've seen it twice but I can't wait to have it here to watch it more!!!  How I can sit for 3 hours and have it NOT seem like 3 hrs is beyond me.  I am very glad that I now have a wide screen tv to watch it on!!

Next up is a YA series that I  have gotten hooked on...from the very beginning each book of the series, The Secret Life of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel,  just gets better and better!  I really loved the last book "the Sorceress" so I cannot wait for the Necromancer to come out!! (release date: May 25)

   I just want to thank Michael Scott for such enjoyable writing!! He did his homework and it shows!

Then there is  Laurie R King.  What can I say? I have enjoyed each and every book she's written about Mary Russell and her famous husband Sherlock Holmes!.. I am more then delighted that a new book will be released soon!   The God of the Hive .(release date: April 27)

I saw this next book at Becky's blog.. the book cover intrigued me and I checked it am Amazon and the Bone Magician went directly to the wish list!   (some of the books I am anticipating are already released)

The House on Darrow Street by Galen Beckett.  There's not even a cover to show  yet! This will be the followup book to the Magicians & Mrs Quent.  (release date: Sept 28)

... and here comes Brandon Mull once again with yet another book in the Fablehaven series! Keys to the Demon Prison, book 5!  This one was just released! 

I have not read any of Robin Hobbs books yet  .. yet.

This one , Dragon Keeper, looks like something I would like, I'm just not sure if it's something I can read as a first book of hers or if I need to read others first for background and such?.  But it has peeked my interest! (just released)

Ah.. well now... Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman combined with "Dragonlance".. I'm not sure they can ever go wrong!  Now comes book 2 of their new trilogy, Secret of the Dragon!  (just released)

As I made my rounds checking blogs not long ago I discovered that Carlos Ruiz Zafon (author of Shadow of the Wind and The Angels Game) has a new book, the Prince of Mist,  due to be released May 4th.  His other two books were excellent reads so I have high hope this one will be too!

There are a few other authors I have enjoyed  and wish that they would come out with their next books but so far, I think this is it! 

So are you anticipating any new books??

( Some people try to turn back their odometers.  Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.)

11 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

You have lots of good stuff to look forward to. Now if only books and movies could all be free!

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't realize Avatar was coming out on DVD so soon. I am going to have to fork over for that one as well.
Still have some books on the TBR pile, but it is slowly diminishing. Reading two books at the moment, Salinger's Catcher in the Rye (again), and Double Ealge which is turning out to be a pretty good action/mystery. Got a sy fy book to read next then another Harlen Coben book. I tend to try not to anticipate since so many books come out in trade paperbacks instead of the smaller more reasonably priced ones. So I wait until I decide there is one I want right now. Sherry

6:08 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Kathleen: now that sounds like a good idea!

Hi Sher: unfortunately even with my glasses I can no longer read the mass paperbacks.. I need hardback or trade paperback..and now I am too old to wait for paperbacks! but I do get a number of books from thrift shops! and that helps.. again unfortunately it's helped my tbr pile to be huge!

6:12 PM  
Blogger Sheila Beaumont said...

I'm eagerly looking forward to Fablehaven 5. I love that series! Thanks for mentioning it, as I didn't know it had been released yet. I'm going to go to Amazon now and place my order.

Also, I recently read an ARC of God of the Hive, and loved it! I bet you will too!

7:49 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Great to hear that Avatar will be out that soon on dvd. I'll be in the queue for it.

Some good books coming out there... I didn't know there was a new Mary Russell out so soon.

And Happy Birthday to you, Pat! There's a little post on my Live Journal for you.

6:43 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

I can't wait for Avatar to come out, too! I haven't even seen it yet, thanks to my movie theater aversion. :(

And I just had to laugh when I saw The Necromancer on your list. Just this morning, Gray came to me and said, "Mom, I know what I'm going to be for Halloween this year--a necromancer." :D

8:55 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

sheila: just ordered it myself! lol

Cath: oh man I cannot wait for Avatar to come out!! woohooo !!!!

Debi: ohhhh debi! You will love Avatar! (least I hope so lol)
Geez Debi Gray didn't say wizard or sorcerer he had to say Necromancer? lol he's one cool dude!!! lol

5:39 PM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

I'm looking forward to the Ian McDonald novel, Ares Express, which is due out any time. I'm sure there are others, but that is the one that stands out right now.

8:08 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

I just bought a number of John Grisham's Massmarket Paperbacks I have never read....I very much enjoy his writing--it is relaxing to me for some strange reason....So, that is what I am anticipating...And, no doubt, I will get "AVATAR" because I have NOT been able to see it in a theatre....I may rent it first...!

8:43 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

carl: anticipation is always, at least, as much fun as what you are waiting for!

Naomi: ohhh good for you! glad you got yourself some more books!.. renting avatar might be a good idea as good as it is it may not be for everyone !

3:46 AM  
Blogger Kailana said...

The Robin Hobb should be fine as a first book by her... Any connections are really minor. I love her, though. And I mean LOVE her, so you should read her!!!! Well, her books I love. I am sure she is a great person, too, but I haven't met her. lol

I also think book two in this series is out this year, too, which is always nice!

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home