My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, March 07, 2010

Avatar 2D

My son has been staying with me a bit.  He doesn't drive and I don't drive but I wanted badly to see Avatar again (in 2 D). 

He convinced me it wasn't all that far to walk to the theater.

It was somewhat over a mile... then of course, there was the mile back again, which somehow seems a whole lot worse than the mile  there even though you sat for nearly 3 hours... 

But we did go. And it was every bit as good in 2D as 3D only cheaper!.  I won't say it wasn't a "little better in 3D" because I am not really sure if it was "a little better" or just "different".  At least I didn't get a headache this time.  I guess at one time or another I will have to watch another movie in 3D to see if it's the 3D giving me the headache or not.  Of course, the nearly 3 hours of Avatar won't be repeated so that can factor in too... oh well.  I liked them both. (but if you ask me if it's worth the 3.00 MORE to see it in 3D... well I guess that's a matter of if you can really afford it)

I'm glad I saw it for a second time  ..

Saturday night I saw Oprah's special on Oscars and they had James Cameron, Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana and Sigourney Weaver talking a bit about the movie.   

Just watching them I got a feeling that Zoe had already forgotten that she played Uhura in Star Trek.  She had a really good year being in two hit movies!  I realize they were there to talk about Avatar, and she had a much more lead part in it so I am sure she is happy about that.  The down side is no one saw her real face...  but people loved her anyway.  I'd say Cameron did exceptionally well considering both Zoe and Sam have not had that many appearances to their resume.

Tonight is the Oscars.  I hope I can stay awake for the entire show.. it's horrible to me how they end it so late and most people have to go to work the next day (and/ or you are so old you can no longer stay awake that long..heh, that would be me!  More frustrating is waking just  a short few hours later and not being able to go back to sleep!! argh~!)

Ah well... here are some faces to be watching for...

(I have to say that each year when the Oscars come by I miss the fact that DeForest would always give me  "consideration" copies of all the movies up for nominations to watch... it's the only time I saw every movie and had more opinions on how they voted!  )

(some new visitors to the pond just below this post!)

10 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Enjoy the Oscars, Pat. And watch out for Robert Downey Jr presenting (I think). I'm not sure if they're even going to be shown here, perhaps on satellite, which we don't have, but the highlights will be on the news.

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad I read your post, cause forgot all about the oscars. I will probably catch a bit of it. I usually get bored, but do hope Sandra Bullock and Jeff Bridges win, which will probably mean they won't cause I can never pick the winners. Did see Julia/Julie and Meryl Streep as always was phenominal. But she has won before so I want Sandra. Haven't seen the movie yet, but want to. I think the biggest competition for Avatar will be the movie Hurt Locker which was directed by Cameron ex. It would be the first time a woman director would win. I did love Avatar though. Glad your son talked you into walking to the movie. I skipped the gym today because it finally was a beautiful day with temps in the high 60's, I did a very long walk of about 7 miles. Also nice pics of the ducks. We get those up here every once in awhile. Sher

6:23 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath: yes he was an awarder.. but what was funny what his interview on the red carpet.. he kept referring to his wife as "the boss" (not those exact words).

Sher: well Sandra and Jeff won! I thought they would too.. I doubted Avatar would win best movie (though it deserved to) scifi / fantasy has come a long way but they still have an impossible time winning best picture. Just like many don't think scifi/ fantasy is any sort of literature.. its ok.. it's politics anyway.(the politics is why DeForest never went to the Oscars or award shows unless for whatever reasons he absolutely had to)

5:27 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

Yeah, Pat, I think RDJ's wife keeps him in line. LOL. Hopefully some of the interviews will be on YouTube before long.

I'm really pleased Sandra Bullock won as she's one of Peter's fav actors. I like her a lot too.

6:27 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath: me too on Sandra Bullock.. I've always enjoyed her performances.

7:06 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

I am really Lucky Pat....Now that I cannot go to any if the screenings because of my "confinement", a couple of different friends have kindly let me see their DVD's...though, I must tell you, it is NOT NOT NOT approved at all, these days....Each "screener" is watermarked and if someone were to copy/sell/etc., the Academy Member would get into Deep Deep trouble. Not just 'fined' and kicked out ofthe Academy....but JAIL TIME, too!
So, I am so lucky that a few people trust me.

1:05 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

naomi: yes, DeForest did that for me too.. I loved seeing the movies. It's ok I say it, he's been gone 10 yrs now. He just knew I couldn't afford to see them all even though back then I was working I was barely making the bills.

5:45 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

he gave you copies. wow. what a friend!

I watched some of the oscars. First time in years. I just get so tired of them adoring themselves. sigh. (:

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Daniel said...

The Oscars were a hoot this year. I'm happy with the end results. My favorite Academy Award moment: Lauren Bacall standing up to acknowledge her Honorary Oscar. My least favorite moment: Finding out Jennifer Jones passed away (via the tribute segment)

12:43 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Pam: yeah every year while I lived in CA close by ..I loved the oscars then since I saw ALL the movies and had my own opinions!

Daniel: I thought the Oscars a tad dull..but did love seeing Lauren Bacall...

7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home