My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Black Skies..

The past two days we've had a front come through and with it came dark skies and rain with "potential" tornado's.  .. I took some pictures but trust me when I say the sky looked much darker, but I didn't want to change the look in paint shop pro... this is how the camera saw it..

..the gusts of winds made the palms look like we were in a hurricane.

Then the skies actually lightened somewhat.. and the heavens opened !

The next morning was a shocker... see those plants below?.. they are normally at the edge of the grass and water !

..and Gillian's Island where the Moorhens brought the chicks each day is now underwater!  Only a few blades of grass showing.

We  had two days of that... and today the sun is to come out!  Meanwhile Boo sat on his cardboard scratching things looking at me like I'm nuts watching at the results of all the rain!

5 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Wow. You certainly get 'weather' over there, Pat. And, being a died in the wool Brit I'm fascinated by it and love your photos. Your pond is starting to scare me now...

Here it's a little warmer than it has been for a couple of weeks and it looks like spring might be on the way. *And* I'm now free until Friday. Yaaay! Except... I think I'm going down with Peter's cold. Well, at least I have a free week to sit and moan about it...

7:06 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

OK...first of all, that is the CUTEST picture of Boo EVER! LOL.

I absolutely love that kind of weather. I'm amazed by mother nature. And there's just this electricity in the air when the sky gets that dark and it gets windy and rainy. I've always loved it. It's perfect reading weather! Poor little Moorhen babies don't have anywhere to go though!!

Anyway, I hope you DO get a break from the rain so that the pond stops rising!! I don't want you to be swimming in your apartment!! Hopefully some of this gorgeous weather we've been having will make it your way soon!

12:57 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath and Chris: well I am glad the rains ended when they did!! We were also tired of watching for tornados! with the water rising that much and that fast it concerns me what will happen during an exceptionally "wet" hurricane! I can't afford flood insurance here as I am too close to the ocean.. it's considered a flood zone... flood insurance would cost more than my rent!!!

It will be sunny and bright today.. the rise to "hot weather" is swift here.. will be high 70's by the end of the week...

7:18 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

it IS a cute picture of that darn cat!

we had rain rain rain the other night. Sometimes WR has to drain some water out of our teeny pond when it gets close to overflowing.

Yours pond just starts heading for your doorway.

1:58 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

These kinds of storms are truly scary...! And to see the water that high...That's scary, too!

3:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home