My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, March 08, 2010

George, Gracie and Family!

Even though the temperatures still say it "winter" here in Florida George and Gracie thought differently and brought out their chicks for the first time!

They are still keeping them in the tall grasses and reeds but I know that won't last too long as I remember them being very tiny when they brought them past my apartment last summer....

It is had to get a good photo yet...

But I am pretty sure there are 5 chicks..

..still with the bald red heads and bald red wings!...

...of course that all goes away when feathers begin to grow.

...as always George and Gracie are VERY attentive parents!

8 Comments:

Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Very Very Sweet....I cannot wait to see a better look at these darling little Chicks. I love how attentive George & Gracie are....!

As to "AVATAR": The reason I thought The Academy might give it to "Avatar" was because of the fact that it is so innovative, but then....in truth..."THE HURT LOCKER" truly deserved it because everything about it is what one would want a BEST PICTURE to be. I think there is some kind of antipathy towards Cameron, too...."I'm King of The World" still smarts for a lot of people.....

12:54 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Naomi: Yeah I sensed some of the "i am king" but the movie still could have won even if the director didn't .. ah well..there's always been a lot of politics against sci fi/ fantasy when it comes to the "best" awards.. i'm glad it doesn't make directors not choose to make them though! :o)

3:32 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Oh would you look at those cute little balls of fluff!! Keep us updated on their progress, love seeing your photos.

6:25 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

OMG new Moorhen babies :D This makes me so happy Pat :D

2:09 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

cath: when one of the Moorhens disappeared for more than a week I was worried!! I thought it was too cold for babies but she may have kept sitting on them because of the cold.. now its getting hotter each day and wed and thurs will be low 80's.. don't even say something about it!

Hi Chris! i expect them to come swimming by any day now I just hope they don't disappear one at a time..some of them always do. :o( but the rest we get to see grow up!

5:42 AM  
Blogger madcobug said...

They are the cutiest things. That temp for next week sounds great.
Helen

7:32 PM  
Blogger madcobug said...

Ooops wrong date for the temps but sounds great anyway. Helen

7:34 PM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

Awww...they are so cute!

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home