My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Hi-biscus, Roses, & Chicks

The Hibiscus are blooming outside of my sliding doors..

The color must appeal to me because I just finished a new afghan (note the colors)

From real Hibiscus to crochet "roses"..  the latest afghan...

 

Changing subjects......

And then there were Four...

George and Gracie have the babies all over the pond now... but the count has gone down another number.. now there are only 4.

I don't know how it happens.. it sure isn't lack of "parental care"!...

They finally have learned "follow the leader"...

When I come near them now I don't even have time to crouch down before both parents come running towards me for their bread!  It's too funny... they pretty much ignore me until they have babies and then it turns into "hell has no fury like Moorhens wanting to feed the babies!" lol

But no matter what happens outside or inside, Boo always lets me know one little fact:  "It's good to be king!"

8 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

those hibiscus blooms are beautiful! I love that colour too. so your afghan is gorgeous and well-made :-)) and even if you are still not happy to be in Florida, Boo looks quite satisfied. He doesn't have to contend with snow anymore! Plus George and Gracie and their babies...sure hope 4 make it out of the pond by the time they leave the nest!

9:47 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

What a GORGEOUS Color those Hibiscus are....and a GORGEPUS Afghan too, my dear.....

Those dear little Moorhens....It is sad that they are now only a family of six---but I guess the 'survival-of-the-fittest' rules everywhere....Love the picture of the four babies following Mom & or Dad.....

Boo looks so dear! KING, Indeed!

8:30 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I love the hibiscus...reminds me of Hawaii! And your afghan is so BEAUTIFUL.

10:49 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

susan: glad you like the hibiscus and afghan.. boo is always kingly!

Thanks Naomi: I hope I am wrong but we may be down to 3 babies.. I'll know more the next time I see them. I'm glad they mate about 3 times during the warm weather

Kathleen: never been to Hawaii but yeah i guess they do have Hibiscus too

4:00 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

The hibiscus is so beautiful and so is your Afghan. Hoping there won't be any more baby moorhen casualties...

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely hibiscus photos. They usually die up here since it is a bit too cold for them. Some survive, but not any of mine!
Another beautiful afghan. You are so talented.
Only 4 babies left..rats! Guess that is all a part of nature though. Saw a picture of an eagle that had caught a 7# catfish and landed in the midst of a golf tournament and proceeded to partake. Sherry

4:17 PM  
Blogger Vasilly said...

The hibiscus are beautiful. It's another reminder that spring is here!

8:38 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Weasels, raptors, even gulls... all prey on those cute little babies. Sigh. Nature is cruel.

Hi Boo.. purrr purrr purrr.

ps. Word verification is DUCKE

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home