My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, March 29, 2010

A Moment in Time

Sometimes... something small and minor, .....something you have seen before, suddenly transports you to another place... another world.. another time.

I was walking around the pond as I have more times then I care to say.  I looked down at the base of one of the Bald Cypress trees and saw this:

 

It's the same at the base of all of them.. roots that come out of the ground and have been cut back so that no one will trip..

But for whatever reason, this time I looked down and my mind quickly took me to a forest.  I'm sure it was one I remember from all of the books I've read, for many of them have forests in the stories.  I don't know which forest it took me to but for a brief moment I wasn't here.... I was there...

....and oh how I wanted to stay. 

Now all I need is to see a dragon flying around in the sky and that will be all she wrote!

Meanwhile the BooBoo Kitty just thinks I've gone over the edge..

 

9 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

I love stories with forests. Hmmm...because I love forests so much, perhaps. Care to guess what story with a forest popped right to mind?

11:40 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

debi: now why would anyone write about anything but things they love?

11:41 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

A forest sounds like a lovely place to be "transported" to and you are right, the dragon would make it even better!

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah the ability of the mind to transport us. Of course, my forest would have been filled with mosquitoes that would try to eat me and dragons the would try to fry me! If it were the Avatar one, one of those monsters would be after me I am sure. LOL.
Love the picture of you with the green background. Did you photoshop it or something? Sher

7:00 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Kathleen: preferably a friendly one! lol

Sher: oh yeah i play with pics in paint shop pro (can't afford photoshop lol) the cheaper programs are all I need to play with anyway!!...that pic is old.. it was taken in CA at shambala.

7:03 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

It almost looks like the tree had babies...

The Hobbit is another book it reminds me of... going through that forest.

7:12 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

I could go on and on w/ books that had forests in them! the Belgarion series (david eddings) the Dragonlance series, it seems unless "old england" (london) there are always forests! I am glad for that.. I love trees and rocks and brown dirt! (florida has none of any of them!)

7:18 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

The same story that popped into Debi's head popped into mine :) This was a lovely post Pat :)

11:14 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hi baby boy! I miss you!

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home