My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, March 07, 2010

Muscovy!

Wow, it was quite cool this morning when my son Tom looked out and asked for some bread to feed the "ducks".  I told him the ducks won't eat the bread..  he said not even those big ones with red on their heads?

Huh?

OMG! I grabbed the camera!.. those a new visitors!  They are  Muscovy's!!

 

Tom brought them bread, so of course they made liars out of me and came over and ate the bread! (of course the brown ones headed the other way..)

They didn't stay real long and unfortunately they left.. glad I got a few snaps before they headed to wherever they are going.

  (love the punk hairdo!)

4 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Wow, Pat! I hope you're keeping a proper 'birding' list of all the birds you've seen at your pond! Because those have to be unusual. LOL!

5:54 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath: I'm no birder lol..but when they are right in front of your face and you no longer have to buy film or pay for development..they are hard to ignore (we have baby Moorhens!!)

5:29 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh....these guys are so interesting looking...! I have never heard of them!
How wonderful that they came to visit!

1:01 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

some mornings, I feel like those ducks appear.

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home