My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Ok, Here's the thing...

I looked out yesterday and saw the Egret was back!!! (he's not been around much all winter) He was calmly walking and looking and looking and walking when all of a sudden he flaps his wings and looks like he fell into the water!............

...but.. he came up with a Mullet! heh..

Then I went out to feed the Moorhens.. and I've found if I stay low to the ground and not tear off bread for them to grab and run they will pull a tiny piece at a time off of the slice and while they do that one of them lets me get away with stroking his chest!!!!! (she feels like satin!)  I did it again today so I guess she doesn't mind. (he? she? dunno which is which)

 

 

Then last night I had another treat... I saw that HBO was going to show Einstein and Eddington! I knew this was a small series in England and one of the stars was Andy Serkis, who is such a wonderful character actor .. I  really like him! (it helps he was so sweet to talk to when I met him at a convention too).. anyway.. I was thrilled to see this!

...but not thrilled to find out that it is only out in PAL dvd format, so I cant add it to my Andy Serkis movies   :o(

..he was a great Einstein!!

 

And then there was today!... today my sister in law came over with my son Tom for us to go to lunch and my daughter in law happen to be in town on business and came with us too!..

..it was my b'day ..Kath and my other son George gave me something they know I love: an Amazon gift card LOL...oh yeah.. it's already spent! hahahaha. (thank you Kath and George!)

 

(and I DO NOT DO b'days!)..but we went to Olive Garden for soup and salad..(lunch was a present from my sister in law Pat).. it was all very nice, very nice in deed. (thank  you again Pat!)

Oh..yeah.. there is one more thing... (saved the "best for last").. my son gave me.... CADET MCCOY!!!!  lol.. I don't generally collect the dolls.. but hey.. it's Karl Urban! What's not to like? lol lol  He said when he saw it  he laughed and got it for his 66 yr old mother.. don't all old farts want a Karl Urban doll?.. the kid knows me well LOL LOL.

So it was two days with neat things happening.. the egret gets the fish, I get to pet the Moorhen, then get to go to lunch with my sister in law (Pat), daughter in law (Kath) and my son (Tom)... whew.. now I will sleep for 2 days from all the activity!

So how was your day?

I leave you with a word of wisdom from Maxine:  Maxine on "Aging" - "Take every birthday with a grain of salt. This works much better if the salt accompanies a large margarita

8 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

I'm sorry I missed your birthday, Pat. But I'm glad you had such a fun one! Very happy birthday wishes...belatedly!

6:04 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

Really pleased you had such a nice day yesterday, Pat. Not everyone gets to tickle a moorhen's chest on their birthday. heheheh.

Annoyingly I didn't get to see the Andy Serkis/David Tennant drama when it was on, will try to catch a repeat at some stage. Andy seems to be on British TV quite a lot these days.

And I love love love your Karl Urban doll. What a perfect gift!

6:19 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

thanks Debi..no problem I hate birthdays. (well i hate mine)

Cath: nope i do love my little moorhen ..but I got a wet butt sitting in the grass so close to the water lol.. but it was worth it!
Einstein and Eddington was a very good historical piece.. it seems it was because of Eddington testing Einsteins theory of gravity that made Einstein famous. and of course I adore Andy Serkis so that just makes it all the better.

8:46 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Happy Birthday Pat! It sounds like you had some lovely presents and a nice lunch! P.S I loved Andy Serkis as Gollum in the Lord of the Rings movies!!

2:15 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

kathleen: me too.. he's a wonderful actor and seems to be just as nice a human being!

5:04 PM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

Birthday?!?! Happy Birthday!!!! Sounds like a fantastic day! Your son definitely knows you, that is a perfect gift. And very cool that you got an Amazon card and a nice lunch as well. They are finally putting an Olive Garden here in our town. I haven't eaten at one for years.

8:06 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAT....And what GREAT Presents you got....My favorite? Being able to pat that Beautiful sweet Moorhen....And second? The Egret catching that fish....How Special is all of that!!!

You should consider getting a DVD player that plays EVERYTHING, including "region 2"...they are not too horribly expensive these days and it makes such a difference when there are things you want to see that are ONLY on Region 2....

8:38 PM  
Blogger Daphne said...

Those moorhen chicks are ADORABLE. And happy late birthday!

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home