My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Urban, Urban and Bookmarks (with Urban!)

Dr. McCoy (Star Trek Movie) Life-Size Standup Poster 
Our Price:  $35.95  (awww, but he's worth it! LOL)
*Shipping: $14.00

I came upon this on the web and I'm finding that it made my day... (can't stop chuckling lol)

and noooooo I did not send for it ... but maybe I should!  Can you just see the faces of the other "old folks" if I stand him outside my door?! ... then again maybe I won't... Karl wouldn't want to be the fault of a heart attack when the old folks who can't see well  think he's real and try jumpin' dem bones!  (go ahead..groan at the pun.. I did lol)

                *****************************************

More Karl Urban!... (woof)...  An unexpected gift from my "sis" across the pond!!   Cath knows me well... and although I need new glasses I have no problem finding this particular cowboy!! Woo Hoo!

I never realized it was part of Lonesome Dove!!!  (but then I never saw it when it was on television)

It's so nice having a "sis" who know's a "no brainer pressie" when she see's one! lol   Thanks again Cath!!!!

               *****************************************************

I needed some bookmarks but lately they are all pretty expensive and I haven't seen any I've liked, so after playing around I made some for myself! 

Below is a picture of the fronts and backs of 4 bookmarks ...

I just sized them and printed them out and then got some Lamination sheets and just cut them to size and stuck the lamination on them..

Hey.. it worked! and yeah yeah.. I couldn't resist making the Karl Urban one lol lol...

Speaking of bookmarks I finally finished A Northern Light.. I'll write up something for tomorrow's post... then I will get into Once Upon a Time reads!!!! 

'Till then I will leave you with these words of wisdom:

Older women no longer have upper arms, we have wingspans.

We are no longer women in sleeveless shirts, we are flying squirrels in drag.

12 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

You crack me up with your words of wisdom, Pat :p And with your life sized Karl Urban :p LOL!!! Love the bookmarks as you know already!! They're fantastic :D

11:55 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Chris: I actually owned the stand alone life size McCoy/ DeForest Kelley! It was too funny I'd bring him to conventions and let him stand guard lol.. he was a good prop! hahahaha I miss those days fersure.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

Oh er... I didn't realise that dvd was part of the Lonesome Dove series either. Will you need to see part one before you watch Comanche Moon?

Love the bookmarks to bits, Pat. Pretty darn clever, imo.

And I love the life-size McCoy!

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job on the bookmarks Pat. Particularly liked the Karl one (who would have guessed.) I use just about anything as a bookmark, even receipts. I usually manage to lose ones that I really like.
Commanche Moon was the prequel to Lonesome Dove. Karl played the younger Tommy Lee Jones character and the other guy played the Robert Duval character. If you get a chance to see it, Lonesome Dove was one of the better made for television western miniseries. Think you would like it. It is a long one though. Sher

12:52 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

cath: sent you an email

Sher: well thanks to Cath I have the important dvd's ..the ones with Karl LOL..

6:53 PM  
OpenID dolcebellezza said...

I think you were wise to add Karl Urban to your collection. ;)

I loved the novel Lonesome Dove, and my father loves the film. Someday we'll have to switch places where I see the movie and he reads the book!

9:31 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Oh Pat, I LOVE your bookmarks!!! Especially the Kesterwood ones! :D Which btw, I am DEFINITELY reading for OUaT! In fact, I'm going to start over, even though I do remember what I've read so far. I just want to enjoy it all over again. :D

6:08 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

dolcebellezza: umm yeah he's a cutie even when he's not playing Dr McCoy! I haven't seen or read Lonesome Dove. I hear the dvds Cath sent me are "prequels"

Debi:.. umm can that count for Once Upon a time when it's not published???? Don't commit to them lol.. but I do hope when/ if you get to them that you like them..don't feel y ou will hurt my feelings if they are not for you and don't feel you have to read them!! I do know not many all like the same things plus,..I'm not really a writer..but i'll never let go of them..writing them helped me a lot.

6:14 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

*drool* Karl Urban....Star Trek....*drool* when he makes those Bones sarcastic comments I fell in love instantly with him. So, a life-size poster - I would have to elbow all the elderly out of the way to get close to the poster!!! lol Except you, dear Pat. So, I love the Karl Urban bookmark too. *sighs happily* I think you just made my day by having pictures of him!! lol

9:55 AM  
OpenID josbookshelf said...

Hey, cool bookmarks! I've noticed that you're so in tune with young people's taste, even in books! You certainly are different from most people your age. You're really a young soul! :)

11:13 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

you are so CRAZY.. bwaaa ha ha ha ha ha

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Richard R. said...

Nice job on the bookmarks! I'm a bookmark Person and have scads of them, but have made a few in the past. I used Book Tape instead of laminating sheets, and I think your method is superior - no sticky edges to trim, no possibility of peeling open later. I used what I had on hand. Good job!

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home