My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, April 16, 2010

Birds & More Birds

Wow!  My girlfriend came over the other day with a "late" birthday gift! It was this huge hardback book on birds! Just look at this gorgeous cover!

I haven't really looked at each and every page yet but I did go through it a bit to see what it had to offer.. here is a page with "moorhens" (Coots) that are different from the ones at the pond.

below: close up of a "giant Coot"

I found a page with the beautiful Egret on it and some Terns like I had seen at the beach one time..

The Egret is prettier in person.

look at the Terns!!  The ones we had seen were just black and white but just has pretty!

The book will take some time to see it all..until then I will go thru it now and then and find more gorgeous birds..many I wish were in this state but many are not even of this continent!!

6 Comments:

Blogger madcobug said...

That was a very nice gift. I know you are going to enjoy looking at it. Helen

11:21 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Looks like a book you will enjoy looking through for time to come.

2:41 PM  
Blogger cj said...

Love that cover! One of the best bird moments I've ever had was seeing one of those beautiful creatures in flight!

The book looks amazing! What a perfect gift.

cjh

5:03 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

What a stunning book! I love the artwork in birdbooks.

7:15 PM  
Blogger Vasilly said...

What a beautiful book. Enjoy!

3:57 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I took the hubby out bird watching one day in february.. and we saw 1000s' of Coots on the Columbia River, where the Walla Walla River flows into it.

He said he 'd NEVER seen so many in his life. it was amazing.

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home