My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, April 07, 2010

DeadEye Poses

DeadEye, the tri-color Heron is in such splendid colors I can't stop taking pictures of him!  That, and the fact that he poses so nicely for me.. I've even managed action shots! 

 

One cannot help but notice the gorgeous iridescent blue on his beak!

wow!..he  looked right at the camera daring me to take the photo!...

Peek-a-boo...

Taking flight...

Jumping his Prey...

Caught his prey!...

What a beautiful creature to watch!

7 Comments:

Blogger Lee said...

Fabulous pictures, Deslily. Fully understandable your fascination with this beautiful creature.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

The blue on his beak is just the most perfect colour... like the blue on our kingfishers. Beautiful shots, Pat.

6:37 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

thanks Lee..he is a sweetie

Cath: I would like a top the color of his beak

6:47 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Wow he sure is one handsome guy!

11:44 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

oh man... I love the blue photo.

There are a bunch of great blue's nesting (rookery) close to where I walk.

They look so funny standing up in the nest in the tips of the trees.

12:24 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

kathleen: yes he is!

Pam: I know I have to work hard to get you to like the pics lol... Oh wow then you get to see young great blues!!! I never see the young except the moorhens and an ocassional Ibis (brown instead of white)

3:57 PM  
Blogger madcobug said...

I am so glad that you are living down there now. You have a lot more enjoyable things to do. I love all your pictures. You have got some Terrific shots of all the birds. Helen

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home