My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, April 09, 2010

Egret in the Tree

 The Egrets have been rare around the pond all winter.. however it's now in the low 80's now.. Even the Bald Cypress Trees are beginning to leaf..

(the tree in front of my apartment is still bare.. others look like this..)

(a confusing word: leaf, since it looks like no leaf I've seen before..

Sparse tree or not this Egret flew in and landed on the tippy top!

It still amazes me that such a large bird can rest on such small branches and they don't even bend!

 

But he/ she is beautiful!

 

I am glad they are retuning to the pond.. even though they don't "stay" they did visit each day, so I am assuming it will be the same this year.

7 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

They don't look like the leaves in Jersey, that's for sure, but the wildlife you get to see every day is truly spectacular :D

6:18 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

These white birds (egrets, swans etc.) are so beautiful in their paleness. That last pic is particularly beautiful.

9:20 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

kelly : nope never saw leaves like this before lol

Cath:yes I've grown fond of the plain white egret too.. but it astounds me seeing something that big standing on twigs and child could snap and they barely even bend!

6:24 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

What gorgeous, gorgeous shots, Pat!

8:23 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

That last picture is AMAZING! Though, in truth, they are all wonderful....It is truly miraculous that such a big bird can sit on these little bitty branches that look no more than twigs.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

let us know when you find out what kind of tree it is!

8:42 PM  
Blogger madcobug said...

You got some great shots. It is beautiful. Helen

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home