My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, April 03, 2010

Here There Be Pelicans..

(but sorry no action shots.. they were being lazy!)

My son and I took the buses to the Vero Park and walked around. Then we went to lunch by the water (Indian River) and the Pelicans were out in force...

They are actually quite pretty don't you think??  I need some flying or just open wings ... maybe next time.

7 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Wow, Pat, just "wow!!" Just look at those amazing beaks: evolution is a wonderful thing. These photos are stunning. I never got to see pelicans up close when we were there last (saw them flying along the beach but not up close) so this makes up for it.

10:23 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath: oh wow, I am glad I took so many pictures of the Pelicans lol.. I still want one with their mouth open or wings moving a little but I need to be near where someone is gutting fish and feeding the pelicans to get those shots! One day maybe!

11:11 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

I LOVE Pelicans....They are such an interesting and rather Elegant Bird....I love seeing them moving in the water---so for me, these ARE action shots...lol!
HAPPY EASTER MY DEAR PAT.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Pelicans!! I love them so much :D We have tons of them here too. They like to hang out in the canals for some reason. And they just look so beautiful when they're flying. It always feels like a little gift from mother nature to me whenever I can see a pelican in the air.

11:13 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hi Naomi! so glad you like Pelicans! I still hope one day to get a picture of one with a fish in it's mouth!

Chris: we have many of the same birds.. strange I lived here before but I guess because they are now "right in front of me" that I take pictures of them (that and when I last lived here there was no such thing as a digital camera!)

6:58 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I saw six pelicans flying in formation today. When I first moved here -- there were NO pelicans.
Then some years ago there was some kind of drought in the southwest -- and all the pelicans that normally were somewhere in Nevada, came north.
They keep coming back -- so we enjoy seeing them.

12:28 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Pam: I sent a few "packing" and told them to go to the west coast.. I guess they made it! lol

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home