My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, April 23, 2010

I Give Up

 I was out and about today with my girlfriend.  We hit 2 to many stores! One was a thrift shop, so that was ok.. there I got the Mary Stewart book, The Prince and the Pilgrim for .50 cents. (can't pass that up!) Then we went to a children's books store where my girlfriend gets puzzles.    There I found The Dracula Dossier by James Reese (regular price 14.95 but on sale for 5.98) and a little book called The Fantasy Art Bible.(not on sale for 12.99)  ..sigh.

I am seriously wondering if the size of my tbr is not part of my depression now and why my reading is suffering.  ..and no I'm not joking, so I have to try to stay away from books stores and thrift shops ..but at my age there isn't much else...I give up.

Ok 'nuff of that  here's a picture of the books  and since I already read most in the Fantasy Art Bible the information on it from Amazon..

The Fantasy Art Bible edited by Jane Moseley & Jackie Strachan.

Spiral-bound: 192 pages
Publisher: Chartwell Books, Inc.; Spi edition (September 1, 2009)
ISBN-10: 0785825525

(below.left) artist: Janny Wurts  (also an author of a number of Fantasy books)                                         (right) artist:  Bob Hobbs

(below) by artist: Jonathon Earl Bowser

(below) artist: Heather Hudson

(below) artist: Kajsa Flinkfeldt

(below) artist: Marc Potts

Although there are a number of paintings such as above in the book, much of the book talks about the type of pencils and paints to use and using the creative imagination etc.  ( I just don't want anyone to think it's a book of all paintings when the paintings are a small part of the book)

8 Comments:

Blogger cj said...

Stop that! There is no such thing as too many books! And the ones you got were at a great price and look like amazing additions to your library.

Glad to hear you're getting out!

cjh

5:22 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

I'm with CJ... don't give up. You'll come out of your reading slump eventually, it's happened to me and can last for months. I love, love, love the fantasy bible. Gorgeous artwork... I couldn't have left that behind either. And the Dracula book looks interesting... I mustn't go and check it out or next thing ya know the postman will be handing it to me in an Amazon envelope... heheh.

5:50 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

cj: I've always said that too about never too many books but in a SMALL one bedroom apt..trust me, there CAN BE too many books lol

Cath: I can tell you the last time books were exciting enough that I couldn't stop reading.. when I read Drood !! I really enjoyed this series of books that I just read but its like my mind isn't into reading, it's not really that they arent good books!

2:56 PM  
Blogger Gavin said...

A slump? We all go through that. Looks like you got some great books. I have finally managed to control my piles of books by relying on my library. Do you have one near you?
I can spend hours browsing in mine.

12:58 PM  
Blogger Daphne said...

I am totally in a reading slump as well. Huge pile of great books next to the bed, but I can't seem to get into any of them. Still, you found some good ones, and sooner or later you'll feel like reading again!

8:43 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Sorry to hear you are a bit down. You did get some wonderful books though! Hope you will be back to reading soon!

1:34 PM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

They look like great finds!

I have had that experience in my life where my buying and adding to the tbr pile isn't so much a part of a hobby but a way to deal with the crap that was going on at the time, so I understand what you are talking about.

2:30 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Those are some very beautiful paintings, Pat....And what a wonderful book---giving you so much info about what to use, etc...!

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home