My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Junior, Dragons & Plants.. oh my!

I got a decent photo of "Jr" (the moorhen they have chased away from the family (because he is a maturing male) So I thought I would post it.

When I feed the others I usually spot him quite a way up the pond so I save some bread and go for a short walk to feed him.. he comes right up to me. After he eats his fill he always takes a piece of bread and tries to go and feed the babies, only to get Mama's wrath!  (his beak is turning nicely.. soon it will be a red/orange color)

The below shot shows his tremendously big feet under the water.

I haven't seen that *gold* dragonfly since I lucked in with that one photo.. all the others have this bluest body...

.... with really funky eyes! lol

 I am giving a try to a small potted English Ivy. (It brings out the British part of me :o)  )...

Outside when I look up ..my neighbor has this beautiful  Mandevilla climbing plant...

... and of course I keep a close eye on her tomatoes!  I mean, if one should turn red and fall... I'd want to be there to catch it! heh.

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

LOL...poor Junior! He's so adorable. I'm glad that he's getting some lovin' from you at least ;) I love that Mandevilla! I tried to get my mom to buy one, but she said no :p Your ivy is really nice too! It is very British looking ;)

4:59 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Wow, that dragonfly photo is incredible!

8:29 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

chris: yeah poor Jr. I do expect him to be gone one day soon so I hope he finds a pretty female! lol

Kathleen: thanks.. at least it's not a bug I can't stand lol

8:31 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

Wonderful dragon flies! And yeah, be ready for the tomatoes to drop!
Ours are not even in flower.

12:16 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

I love that you are feeding that sweet Morrhen Teenager...I know he is grateful.....And that Dragonfly....WOW! Such Green Eyes!

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home