My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Moorhen Family

Well, the Moorhens are sure on the move faster then any other time!  It must be because they have the 3 remaining first  kids to babysit!  No matter why, they are out and about with the newborns much sooner then I have ever seen them before and to watch 2 generations is a treat..

Here's Mama with her new brood..

(those little red heads crack me up)

this last one shows one of the older brothers .. (or sister)

The big Blue Heron came by .. mama Moorhen told him, in no uncertain terms, to "stay far away"!

7 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Looks like Gracie has her hands full right now!!

12:24 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Chris: actually she has lots of help this time!! the 3 older "siblings" are helping feed them and watch them! Never saw that before!

12:57 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

I didn't realize the Moorhens have one group of babies right after another...Pretty amazing...!
I love how attentive they are to their little ones. People could learn a lot about Parenting from Birds and Anumals.

12:19 AM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

Those babies are so stinkin' cute! Love their little red heads.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

I love the little red spotted heads following Mama. Cute cute cute.

9:58 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

naomi well they do in the hot months but usually the bigger ones are gone before new ones arrive!

Carl: those red heads are something else aren't they?! LOL

Cath: they are cute! or so ugly they are cute..not sure which lol

10:03 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

The second option. heheheheheh.

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home