My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, May 02, 2010

My Little Garden..

I splurged today.. and now have a small garden..

First I got this baby Arrow Plant..

..then I added 3 tiny pots of Mexican Heather..

.. a touch of some Snapdragons (had to have dragons in the garden!)

This Crimson Mandervilla I bought last week, along with the hanger..

I hurried home with this pot of Rosemary last week too..  I love , love love this plant! I have used some but if I even look at it I have to rub my fingers on it and then go around sniffing the Rosemary on my fingers!

..then I found my "namesake".. this is a Desert Rose!  (DesLily means desert flower..and I am sure I"m a rose! lol )

(close up)..

Here's a shot of it all together

... another view

The pond was very quiet at 8 am but I caught this crow looking at it's reflection..

... the the ghost of a moon still above..

My garden's not a lot but it will do.. and below are my cherub babies with a baby bunny.  When my neighbor moved I asked if I could have it and she gave it to me.

And that my friends is my Garden!

11 Comments:

Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

Love your lovely garden! I bought my first two plants for my house this past weekend and I can't wait to get more for the outside :)

12:44 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hi Tink: well I hope you can take pictures when you put plants outside so we can see! I do miss a veggie garden but apartments dont allow it and I doubt I could do the work anymore anyway..but it doesn't stop me from missing it!

5:32 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I can't even tell you how happy this post made me Pat! It put the biggest smile on my face :D I absolutely love that you have a garden now!! You know how obsessed I've become with my garden, lol. And everything looks so beautiful!!!! I just love it!

9:42 PM  
Blogger Astaryth said...

Yesterday was gardening day here too! I got perselane in 2 colors to go on either side of my gate in the planters on the fence. I have 4 hanging baskets. 2 are waiting for more stuff, but 1 has.... Mexican Heather and snapdragons :) I have 2 standing planters, and I got some Mexican petunias and some butterfly weed for one of those. There hasn't been much selection yet this year for some reason. I'm leaving the other 2 hanging planters and the other standing planter open right now. I'm hoping to get some balloon plants and a couple of other things. I also re-potted my succulents. I had to add a couple since the cold weather got a couple of them. I have 2 small succulent arrangements in the house. I love my plants, and was so disappointed that the periniels I planted last fall didn't make it thru our rough winter. I cut them all back but I think only 2 made it :(

9:45 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Your garden is lovely. Mexican heather is new to me but I like it, it's really pretty. Wonder if that's available here, must investigate. And snapdragons are one of my favourite flowers too.

Love the crow pic! lol

4:29 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Your garden is lovely :D

5:32 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Chris: I wish I could afford more but this will do. Some people did plant tomatoe plants instead of flowers.. I wanted to but my last experience with veggies in fla wasn't pleasant, so I will see how everyone else's do and if they all do well I will do that next year instead of flowers (of all I got only the mandevilla and desert rose should make it thru the winter. (winter! oh how I wish it were winter already!)

jj: mexican heather and snapdragons! lol great choice! hahaha when I was young I was big into plants ..now I'd mostly just like looking at everyone elses! (its and age thing lol)

Cath: it might be a plant in only areas that remain hot most of the year?? I dunno. I hope you have it or something like it.. it really is dainty and pretty

Thanks Kelly. Now the trick is to not kill them, which is a distinct possibility since it's been years since I've kept any plants what so ever...but for now they look nice!

6:07 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I love your garden and it just goes to show that little gardens are beautiful too!

3:35 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Your garden is Wonderful, Pat....And I LOVE that Statue of the Cherubs abd The Bunny---Very Very Dear.
Everything looks so healthy and it all is obviously thriving! You've got a Green Thumb!

12:23 AM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

Your garden is gorgeous! Me thinks it is time to fly you up to Kansas City and put you to work getting my yard whipped into shape.

10:55 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I so enjoyed the walk in your garden.

I'm not getting around to read my favorites as often as I was in the past -- but I get here eventually!

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home