My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Old Friends and a New Visitor

  The large Heron stopped by to do some fishing...

...and he got lucky..  I know it looks like weeds but in the mess there IS a fish!

This is a juvenile of our local Grackle ..she was waiting up in the tree above where I was sitting so I just aimed up and snapped her picture.. she's the one that will take bread from my hand.

Ok.. so..  here's the new visitor... I have no idea what it is.. I've looked in my bird book but haven't found it so if anyone has any idea what it is let me know.. Unfortunately it flew off and I probably won't see it again.

One of my neighbors thinks it is a Greenback Heron..  It could be!

4 Comments:

Blogger Carl V. said...

I can't help with the 'what is it' aspect, but it is a beautiful bird. I hope it returns/hangs around.

1:47 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

That Grackle is gorgeous!! And I was going to guess some type of Heron before I got to the bottom of the post! Maybe it is a heron. It's beautiful no matter what it is!

8:43 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

carl: i would be surprised ..those moorhens chase everything away to protect their babies

chris: yeah I think she is right..first one i've seen ever!

6:07 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Wjatever he is---He is quite Handsome!

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home