My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

This 'n' That

The pond has been active..

Four Black Buzzards landed for a drink and to search around..

..they are really large birds and leave when approached.

*Mexican heather"

The tree in front of my apartment finally got its "leaves".

(Boo watches me out the glass sliding door when I go out)

We had an unexpected visitor... an otter!

He didn't stay long and was hard to get a photo of it.. he was here and gone within a few hours. No one knows how he got here or left!

8 Comments:

Blogger Astaryth said...

I have some Mexican Heather in one of my hanging baskets this year... Very pretty. I also have some Mexican Petunias in one of my standing planters, along with some Butterfly weed. They are near my Hummingbird feeder and they are supposed to attract both butterflies and hummers. :)

Oh... a pleasant surprise. My Balloon flower survived the winter. I thought it was dead, but it greened up and is now flourishing! I am looking forward to it flowering. I DID lose 2 of my perennial flowers to the cold though. I know the annuals are going to die when it gets cold, but those were supposed to be able to handle it :(

11:54 AM  
Blogger cj said...

An otter? How cool is that? Too bad he didn't hang around. Imagine the fun it would've been.

Okay, those vultures are kinda cool looking!

Your pictures, as always, are so much fun! Thanks for sharing.

cjh

3:29 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I can't believe that otter! I really wonder how he or she got into the pond. I'm think it must have been a "he". He was lost and wouldn't stop and ask for directions! LOL! Sorry to all the male readers of your blog but I just couldn't resist that one!

3:36 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

JJ: well i need to see a picture of the balloon flower!

hey cj: yeah wish the otter came on land so i might have gotten a good pic of it. maybe next time I've heard it's been here before

Kathleen there is a area where the pond runs off to the "canals" around here and the otter could have come in thru that way OR just walked from one pond to this one, but we didn't see it leave.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

:/ Those buzzards are creepy as all hell! On the other hand, that otter is as cute as can be!! I just love otters to death :D I've never had the opportunity to tell you that before :p

7:14 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

chris: wow I learned more about my son today!

5:39 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

I just love all the activity in the Pomd....It is not only never bpring, it is very exciting....!
That is one Tall Tree...and Beautiful, too...Just like Boo.

12:45 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

Wow... an otter, getting one of those in your pond would be almost impossible here. That is so amazing.

4:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home