My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, May 03, 2010

You Say Toe-may-toe & I say Toe-mah-toe

My upstairs neighbor has some potted Tomato plants.. I am keeping a close eye on them from outside..

...they already have little green tomatoes!

... I am counting the days!

There have been sufficient threats of stealing the tomatoes (from others) that she won't know who did it when she wakes and finds them missing!

(at the moment all I can think of is the movie Fried Green Tomatoes!)

9 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

And that illustrates the difference in temp between us and you - our tomato seeds are not even up yet. Mind, with the chilly temps here - I can't say as I blame 'em! Brrrrr!

6:33 AM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

My grandmother used to grow huge bushes of them outside of our house. I've never been able to eat them unless they're in ketchup of a sauce. I've never even been able to stomach watching someone eating them raw, blech!

7:51 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath: yeah, in NJ you couldn't put a veggie garden in until the end of May.

Tink: my one son is the same, he can only eat tomatoes in spagetti sauce and pizza.. and I could live on lettuce and tomato sandwiches!

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am going to try again. Tried to post to your previous entry. Not sure why but it wouldn't go through. Hope you have received my comments that I have sent you through lj. Your blog is showing up on my friends page now and I have commented there. I was assuming you got them, but now not so sure. So I am here and trying again.
Your garden looks great. I am raising dirt. I am going to try to get things trimmed and looking better soon as I can after our big couple of storms.
I'm with you. Tomatoes are one of my favs. I have them raw, cooked, in sauces, fried green, sliced with salt, on pizza, and any other way I can think of. But would you believe.....I don't like tomato juice.

1:13 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Sher: how about V8? lol.. I could live on tomato and lettuce sandwiches as long as they were FRESH grown tomatoes! (with miracle whip!..I really should make a miracle whip commercial!)

1:17 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

If you start posting pictures of the fried green tomatoes you made we are all going to wonder....LOL!

3:34 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I'm up to 6 tomatoes on my little plant now!! All still green though. Keep waiting for the big one to turn red ;) LOL..I'm laughing at Kathleen's comment.

9:34 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

kathleen: *erasing photo in camera*lol

chris: 6 huh? hmmmmm.. I could eat that many in two days! lol..

6:16 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

They are really Beautiful and Lucious looking, even Green...!

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home