My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Birth at the Pond

Well the Moorhens strutted their stuff this morning bringing their 6 new babies on to solid ground!!  The last 6 were in attendance helping herd the new youngsters... and EVERYONE was hungry!

 

(any idea's for 6 names??  The Brady Bunch? lol)

 

everyone here thought it incredible that the other 6 all survived and now they are helping with the new 6 !! (the first 6 can't even fly yet!)

First come first serve with the bread!

(below)...3 day old Moorhen baby.

11 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

These photos are so precious!

4:24 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Kathleen: at the rate they produce babies soon we will be wall to wall Moorhens! lol lol

6:09 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh these are such WONDERFUL pictures, Pat...I love those first two with the babies ALL lined up like that. There are all so dear....
I REALLY love the one where you can see 6 little heads right there next to the Mommy...! But every one of these pictures is a Gem!
These Moorhens are very prolific...! (lol)

1:48 PM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

I love the colors of these birds. The bright red against the black looks really cool. The beak on the adult is so odd looking. Almost looks like she is wearing a mask.

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Daniel said...

As always, such pretty pictures !!!

7:20 PM  
OpenID josbookshelf said...

These are really great photos with a nice little story. :)

10:23 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Had to come back and see these adorable dear dear Babies, once again. These pictures are so perfect Pat. They are the cutest and most BEAUTIFUL little babies I've ever seen....The Moorhens are so "family" oriented....It Is So So Sooo Very Sweet....!

6:13 PM  
Blogger madcobug said...

Great pictures Pat. They are so cute. Helen

7:10 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

I hope you are okay Pat....It's been a while since you posted and I am starting to worry a bit. Maybe you are just very busy....Anyway, just checking in, my dear. (It is Wednesday, June 23rd.....)

7:32 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I'm worried too. I was just thinking about you the other day and realizing I hadn't seen a post in awhile. Hope you are okay!!

7:36 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

some kind of sex-addict papa bird.

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home