My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Gilligan's Island

It stormed again late yesterday and into the evening, so first thing I do in the morning (once it's daylight) is to look out and make sure *Gilligan's Island* is not submerged especially now with the Moorhens nest there!

I was taken aback to see the Egret on the island!

I figured mama Moorhen would be quite nervous!  You can see just how close they were! (it's a tiny tiny island !)

...but Mama kept her *eagle eyes* on him at all times!

The Egret didn't stay long and Mama was more than happy to see him leave!

 

7 Comments:

Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Beautiful pictures, as always. The Egret is such an elegant bird...And that sweet Morrhen Mama.....very sweet.

I saw Lee on Monday and she had quite a bit of dialogue--as those things go.....She will be on the rest of the week, from what she said. I LOVE that they finally let her use her own hair....!

12:03 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I'm sure that the Egret got the "you are not welcome" message. There was definitely no welcome mat out for that one!

1:17 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

Ahh, Gilligan's Island...you've no idea how much I used to daydream as a kid that I could go live on the "real" Gilligan's Island. Yeah, really not sure what that says about me as a 10-year-old. ;)

But anyway, once again, Pat, your photos are stunning! You always put such a smile on my face. :D

3:08 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Oops...guess Annie was on my computer. Sorry--above comment was just me. (And I guess I probably did the same on the post below.)

3:09 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

and mama pat was keeping an eye on him too. ha ha

3:10 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

thanks all:.. I should be posting soon to let you all see the newest babies! I caught a glimpse yesterday but no head count yet!!

annie/debi: lol I knew it was you hahaha

5:53 AM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

That egret is so pretty. Can't wait to see the fuzzy baby Morrhens

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home