My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Meanwhile,... back at the Pond...

When one is not able to tend ones garden.. alien things begin to grow!

but it is beautiful isn't it?!!

I thought my Desert Flower plant had died but it may be making a comeback!

The Mexican Heather still blooms but not as much as before..

..but the Marigolds are filling in nicely.

The Pond itself seems almost like a stranger to me after so long inside.. When I first looked out it looked like no birds at all were around.. then I spied the big Heron (who stayed all day long! Which is rare.)

 

Later in the day I spied the Anhinga sharing the fountain stone with a turtle..

It seems the Moorhens have really taken over the pond.  Having 6 teenagers and 6 babies here all at once!

The Moorhen chicks have certainly grown since I was able to get outside!   They have gone from this.....

..to this!...

"Fuzzy-butt"

Actually, it's pretty quiet as I watch the pond.. but every now and then we get a visitor or the chicks come by.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Doug Green said...

Nice to see the pics of a large natural pond in Florida. Normally, they're small city type ponds. We have the same issues with herons up here and cormorants instead of anhinga. Here's my favorite heron picture from my back yard http://www.water-gardens-information.com/herons.html

8:59 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

These are all beautiful photos, Pat. Your garden is lovely and that fungus is amazing! Never seen one like that before.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Astaryth said...

Glad to see you are feeling better. And good to see the pond. I've missed it :)

9:19 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

doug: oh we have both the Anhinga's and Cormorants in this pond!

Cath:it sprang out of nowhere lol..

Hi JJ: slow but sure... sheesh lol

1:48 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

That alien sure is pretty! Glad that you are back on your feet again and able to get outside. Take care.

4:22 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

I think the heron stayed all day because he'd missed you! Oh my, and that is about the prettiest mushroom I've ever seen!

5:10 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Ooooh, pretty mushroom :D lol. Look how big the moorhens are getting!! And I agree with Debi! I think that heron just missed you :)

1:57 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

thanks Kathleen: it will still be a while but things are finally getting a bit better

debi: hmmmm well maybe he did.. however I think it was more that he found fishing to be better than usual lol

chris: thanks Chris (debi too) that Heron sure is a big bird! speaking of big..did you notice the size of the foot on "fuzzybutt"?

6:29 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I was just thinking this morning about your resilency.
I enjoy the way you've brought me into your world down there!

4:52 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

So glad yoo felt well enough to catch us up on the doings in the Pond....THose Moorhens---Thry HAVE hotten big! Love that first thingy--whatever it is...It is really Beautiful! Keep feeling better, my dear Pat.....

12:55 PM  
Blogger madcobug said...

Those mooorhen chicks really have grown. Have a good 4th Pat. Helen

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home