My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, June 06, 2010

Rain, Rain, Go Away..

Our daily thunderstorms are here again... I can't stay I love them because lightening scares both ME and Boo!

This might give you an idea how much rain happens when the skies open up...

(below) where that tall grass is, is where the waterline belongs.

In this shot it shows what happened in just one rain.. the water belongs touching the plants.

This is in front of my building... it's scary.  it the pond doesn't lower enough in between the storms it could possibly reach my sliding doors and get into my apartment.  Had I known this I would have taken and upstairs apartment!!

 

And in all this mess........

 

It's about to happen for the third time this season....

 

Unless it floats away  (which it well could do!).. birth is once again waiting around the corner for *the pond*..

 

..using my zoom ,this is the best I can do so far... yes folks.. the Moorhens are at it again!! 

This is yet another first for the Moorhens, they don't usually build their nest on *gilligans island*... they have always made it in the tall reeds.  But the black birds seem to have taken over that area and so, along with still having the first two generations from them at the pond,... the third generation is *in the nest*.

I really hope the rains don't destroy the nest and loose the eggs.

..but.. if it should..we are well aware there will still be more Moorhens before long!

12 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Those are some horny moorhens! LOL...Can't wait to see the new babies :D

We've been getting daily rain too lately. And it's starting to give me headaches like crazy! I'd imagine that you probably get your fair share of pain too when the rain comes :( Though I hope not! And good lord! It looks like Niagara Falls coming out of the gutter, lol

5:43 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

chris: I never know why my pain is "more or less* thankfully it's not in the form of headaches though. btw: I go for some minor surgery this friday so I may not be around for a day or two..so don't be concerned.

5:47 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh no!!! I know it's minor, but I hope all is ok, Pat and that you get some relief from it! Let me know if you need anything (not that I can do much from here, but what I can do, I'll certainly do!)Thanks for letting me know too! I'll keep you in my thoughts!

7:18 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Holy crap--that is definitely some rain!!! My fingers crossed that water doesn't make its way into you apartment. But even more, my fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly with your surgery!!! I'll be thinking about you!!!

8:58 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

If that keeps up Pat you'll have to build an ark and take the Moorhens with you...lol
You'll be in my thoughts and prayers on Friday. The best of luck to you <3

5:57 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

chris: someone is supposed to *babysit* while I sleep off the anestisia... want the job? you could watch avatar on my tv while i sleep lol

thanks Debi..it is minor and i even had some done before but my tummy is in knots anyway..old age i guess..be glad when its over

Thank you Kelly! yeah sometimes I feel an arc would be a good thing! lol

6:31 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I hate thunder and lightning too! It is amazing to me where birds decide to nest but I am betting they will survive, rain and all.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Wow, those are amazing 'storm' photos, Pat. That's serious rain.

6:26 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I'd come babysit for you in a heartbeat if I could Pat :D

2:00 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

kathleen: we've had so many firsts with the moorhens I don't doubt they will be hatched! lol

Cath oh yeah, lightening and thunder nearly everyday until december now..and down pours like mad..

chris: awwwwwww thanks baby boy!!!

5:25 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Yjose Moorhens are "busy"...!(lol)
Scary storms, Pat. I hope the water never reaches your Glass Doors.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

we had a couple of days with storms rolling thru that rained like that. It poured off the roof. Didn't even bother to check out the gutters.

But it is unusual for us. And we have a little hose that we can drain off our pond so it won't come in our back door ha ha

3:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home