My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, July 23, 2010

Around the Pond

When I went to the sliding doors one time I noticed this dragonfly just resting on the cement...

Later in the day the Anhinga finally came around!!!

One of the adult Moorhens with a few of the "teenagers" close by.

One of the new babies below..

The new babies still try to stay a bit hidden.. I think they are the smallest babies I've ever seen!

(note the tiny featherless wings on the baby closest to the bottom!)

11 Comments:

Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

That dragonfly looks huge! Love all the fuzzy little birds :)

9:36 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

Nice to see how busy it is now around the pond, Pat! Those moorhens are adorable.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

that last shop is so funny.. look at that.

12:10 PM  
Blogger cj said...

You take the most amazing photos, Pat. I love the dragonfly and the one of the baby with its wings showing is incredible.

cjh

2:07 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

tink: lol they aren't big at all lol

cath: their little bald heads and bald wings crack me up lol

Pam: "raise you hand if you want something to eat" lol

hey cj: glad you enjoy the shots it's been a slow summer for birds this year..so I get what I can lol

2:39 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

That little picture of the baby with the featherless wings is too cute for words! It's like he's trying to take off but can't :p And don't you just love all of the different colors that you find in dragonflys?

1:29 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

I cannot believe I kissed so many posts....You were gone and I was worried...Then, I have been very busy with Personal Business and other things--PKUS, computer problems.

I'm glad you are posting again Pat....I truly was worried.

The Moorhens---WOW! There sure are a lot of them....So many babies at different stahes of growth, and now a knew family too....
That fuzz on that little one in the last picture is Sooo Sooo Sweet!

1:45 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

LOL, LOL...not kissed...."MISSED"...LOL!

1:46 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Chris: when I saw that in the photo it looked like he was calling to the others, "Here I am, over here!" lol.. too funny

naomi: it's not mandatory you read every post lol.. but I am glad when you enjoy the pond photos!

6:34 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Hi Pat, just back from a week vacation and catching up on all the stuff in my Reader. I hope you are feeling better.

3:00 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hi Kathleen.. yes I'm almost all better..not too much more to go, thanks!

6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home