My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, July 26, 2010

At the Pond

Yesterday I looked out and saw both the Heron and the Egret right in front of my apartment... I knew if I went outside they would fly away

so these two photos are taken thru my glass sliding doors.. not the best but at least it's a picture.

Today I saw the Anhinga was back.. I love looking out now and then and just spotting her neck and head out of the water.  I guess I will never get used to the fact that this bird swims underwater so much.

 

This is a long shot.. trying to let you see a group of the family.  Here are 4 babies, 2 teenagers and one parent.

 

After I fed them Papa came out for a stretch and a break from all the kids!

As I looked up I saw the Egret coming in for a landing.  He surprised me and landed in the tree rather than on the ground, so I quick took a few snaps..

such a graceful bird.

And I leave you with this shot...

... and what is this?  Sharks in the Pond????

8 Comments:

Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

The heron and the egret look like they're talking about the weather maybe lol. Ooh! I hope that's not a shark! Pretty big fish though.

10:58 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

I so love seeing all the Birds who bisit The Pond. I LOVE Egrets...they are indeed such a gracefyul bird. But the truth is---they are all very fraceful. And those Moorhens are fasscinating, too,

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Shanra said...

I think the pictures of the heron and the egret turned out pretty well, despite not being taken outdoors...

I love those two pictures. Ladytink is right that it looks like they might be talking about the weather. (But then in the second picture the egret looks like it's turned its back on the heron. Heh.)

You have the cutest moorhens...

1:07 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

I really love those top two photos as well. And I love what Shanra said about them...it really does look like the heron said something to piss the egret off.

1:26 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hey Tink lol.. they do look in deep conversation huh?! I should have used that photo for some sort of caption contest lol

Naomi: the birds have been sparce this year not sure why but I do love when they show up

hi Shanra: yes they do...actually I didn't think they got along well and so I was surprised they were in such close proximity

Hi Debi:.. they were leary of each other lol..makes you wonder if the different species can communicate though lol

4:10 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Those fins in the pond are might scary!

7:28 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

What the hell is that in the last picture? LOL...I hope you don't have sharks!

Love these pictures :D Especially the one of the big moorhen family :) And like ladytink said, the heron and egret really do look like they're having a conversation :p

10:43 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Kathleen: they go round and round in circles!

Chris: They are Mullet. they circle around with the fins sticking out then one will jump high in the air and land on it's side. They jump quite a bit anyone new thinks it's amazing lol

6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home