My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Mixed Bag..

When we get our (often) daily storms.. it looks a lot like this ..

one day I noticed Boo seemed awfully interested in something..

... ah.. and THIS is the something!

Yesterday I looked out and noticed this black ..ummm butterfly? moth?  Whatever, it was enjoying some of my flowers.

Oh! I almost forgot to mention the Moorhens!.. I need to get some pictures but it's been sooooo hot I don't even want to go outside!..

Anyway... the Moorhen babies are growing in leaps and bounds!  The Teenagers are being chased away and their beaks are turning "golden" like Jr's did when they chased him away.. meanwhile the last brood is nearly as big at the teenagers..

Now, for the shocker.. for a long time George and Gracie have been chasing other adult Moorhens around the pond until I half expect them to have a stroke.. well.. they never did make them leave the pond and now there are babies at the other end of the pond!!  Aggghhhhh!  So now we have George and Gracie and 6 teens (ready to leave) and 5 youngster and Two other adults with 4 babies!  No wonder the bigger birds are staying away this year!!!  They constantly get chased by the Moorhens no matter where they land now!

6 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

My goodness, but the rain really comes down there, doesn't it?!! But I'm sorry it's been so hot--it just sucks being stuck inside all the time. :(

8:16 AM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

It's raining a lot here too. Rain is always prettier on water to me.

10:19 AM  
Blogger madcobug said...

Great pictures. Boo Boo looks cute watching that lizard. Sounds like Moorhens are about to take over the lake. Wonder what happened to the gators from last summer?
Have a nice evening Pat.

2:20 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

does boo make those silly little cat noises. our daughter's cat makes a meow that sounds like a little woodpecker "rat a tat tat a tat"

4:51 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Debi: yes it does suck to be stuck in the airconditioning!

hi Tink!..ahh well fla is known for the "daily deluge"

Helen: have no idea what happened to the gator but I am glad it's gone! lol

4:53 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

I think you get a different kind of rain to us here in the UK. I was there in 1996 in a thunderstorm and never saw rain like it in my life (it was at Seneca Lake).

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home