My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

I Am Bummed !!!

All week long ads have been on television saying that Avatar was going to come to movie screens again with more scenes that were cut from the movie.  It did say it would be in 3D and in Imax theaters ...

.. I searched to see if it was ONLY Imax or any other theaters that had 3D... it seems it's no where near Vero Beach!... arrrgghhhhhhhhhh!!!!

I want to see the extra footage!  I love this movie.. they could add another hour and I'd be ecstatic! (sore butt..but ecstatic all the same!)

I hope they release this copy to dvd FAST...because I can't wait to see what I missed!  But dang it... I'd love to see it on the big screen again!

(I can't wait to hear that they have begun a second Avatar movie!)

9 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Awwww, Pat, that's a bit of a bummer. But typical. Is it a huge amount of extra stuff they're added?

9:20 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

I'm not sure how much was added Cath...but even some of the previews I know they are things I haven't seen! I am hoping that when they make the sequel that the story is a good as the first movie.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

I think there is two near me so I'll have to tell my husband about this.

12:39 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

In the Hollywood Reporter--a couple of days ago---it said the added or restored about 8 minutes....Bits and pieces here and there and some Action stuff, elsewhere.....

To me, there is something unseemly about tryimg to wring every possible dollor out of this film....Greed Reigns.

4:26 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Tink: I'm jealous! lol

Naomi: oh you are right about the greed!!! To be honest if they want to shorten a movie for the theaters that's ok.. but they should releave the "full movie" in the first dvd !!! I have 3 different copies of the first 3 Star Wars movies!! but I can't afford to do that anymore!

5:08 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I finally saw the movie and loved it. I'm sad I didn't see it on the big screen though.

1:10 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

kathleen: i've seen it twice on the big screen and 3 times on my tv ...heh.

4:52 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Well, that just plain sucks. :( I'm sorry, Pat.

I can't believe I haven't even seen it yet. It was one of the few movies that intrigued me enough to want to see it at the theater, but I just never found time to get there. And we bought the DVD as soon as it came out, yet I still haven't watched it--what is my problem?!!

8:23 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hey Debi: oh man.. i love this movie! i've seen it twice in the theaters and watched my dvd 3 times so far

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home