My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Odd Couple

I keep saying I'm not going to take more pictures of the same birds all the time... and then I do it anyway...today when I looked outside, there was the big Blue Heron right in front of my apartment..

Later when I went out to feed the Moorhens I saw the Heron again.. but he was tired and resting his legs ...and..  umm... he had a guest with him..     (Woody!)  Now THIS is and Odd Couple!

...here's a closer shot of them individually. (He has  his knees bent)

I think they were so hot they didn't even care that I was sneaking up on them to get the photo's, no one moved a feather!

5 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

I can understand why you can't resist taking pictures of them, they are such incredible creatures!

5:08 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

Such odd looking creatures! Pretty though. Wonder what they'd talk about? Probably grouch about the weather :)

1:17 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

kathleen: I think you are right. I lived here in fla once before for 13 yrs and never saw any of these birds before coming back and living by a "pond"

Tink: I don't doubt they were feeling miserable in the heat!

5:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well up here we have broken the record for most days at over 90 degrees and yet again today. 42 so far so if I were those birds I would stay put, right near a big wet cool pond.
Thought I would drop over to your blog site to comment today, just to keep up. Vala

4:10 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

You can take pictures of any and all the birds as mucg as you want and I will ALWAYS enjoy them! These are such wonderful pictures, Pat.....I love that they are used to youy aqnd just stay where they are....! These two are truly a wonderful pair....! Do you suppose they are exchanging recipes?? (lol)

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home