My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Papa Moorhen Must REALLY Like Me!

I will apologize up front for so many pictures... I doubted they would come out as I tried to snap pictures with one hand and feed the Moorhens at the same time.  But since yesterday when Papa Moorhen proved to me that he really REALLY trusts me I had to try to capture it!

Here's what I got... Papa climbs on my knee to get his bread!

the other "red nose" is Mama (below)

Two teenagers waiting. (each photo was a different time Papa came on my leg) I only have to coax him a little the first time.

Those are some big feet!

I love this next one: that's Mama in the back squawking at Papa to hurry up with the food! lol

Papa sure put a smile on my face by constantly climbing on my leg!

I'm sorry no pictures have the smaller babies in the background.. just the teenagers, mom and a few Ibis... oh, and before I went in the apartment the Loch Ness Monster swam by... otherwise known as the Anhinga !

13 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Terrific pics, Pat. Am staggered you managed to get a *wild* moorhen to climb on your leg! Never seen anything like that in my life...

6:53 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

That is AMAZING!!! What an experience :D You must be known as the moorhen lady over there :p That is too cool for words Pat!!

11:37 AM  
Blogger Astaryth said...

That is sooo cool! Glad that Poppa is bringing a smile to your face :)

11:39 AM  
Blogger Darla D said...

Great shots! Glad you've found such friendly neighbors. :-)

2:04 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

cath: can't say I've ever had a friendly moorhen before lol

Chris: well you know the old saying about "males".. feed them and they will follow you anywhere! lol lol

JJ: he is , he is! lol

darla: can't say I ever expected them to get this friendly! lol

2:30 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

Yikes! With claws like that on their feet, you're one brave woman.

7:05 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hi Tink: nah, he's light on his feet lol... but I imagine they use them when they constantly chase the big birds away from their babies.. at times they will jump on the back of a big bird to scare them away... and it works!

6:14 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

FANTASTIC! How truly wonderful Pat....Thrilling, too---Such Trust! And I think your pictures of this 'happening' are just absolutely GREAT!

7:12 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

We'll have to call you the bird whisperer...amazing!!!
Great shots :D

10:25 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

What fantastic pictures. You obviously have quite a way with birds and animals.

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Shanra said...

Oh, my goodness, Pat, that is awesome! Thank you for sharing something so extraordinary. <3 That is really, really amazing.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

Ha! You've definitely been adopted into the family. :)

6:28 PM  
Blogger madcobug said...

Those are great pictures Pat. They sure have gotton to trusting you.
Helen

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home