My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, August 27, 2010

Quiet Time: Night & Day

Last night I went from my bedroom to the kitchen for something to drink..

On my way back I noticed something on my wall that didn't belong there..

..I took a closer look.  Yup, it was a large dragonfly!  I have no idea how he/she got into the house, but I did know If I didn't do anything he/she would become a snack for BooBoo Kitty!   So after taking a picture of it, I got a plastic glass and a piece of paper.  He/she obliged me by not flying away while I put the plastic cup over it, then slid a paper under it.  I went and opened my door and set it free!  It flew right to the hall wall and hung there like he was on my wall... I wondered if it knew it was no longer a snack for a cat!

The next morning was quiet also...  although daylight the moon seemed to just hang in the sky...

At first I saw no activity around the pond.. even DeadEye was not fishing...

...and the fountain was not working (again) and so the turtles were on it getting a little air...

The whole day has been rather quiet at the pond.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who lets the flying and crawling creatures out of my house instead of smashing them. People laugh at me here at my work because if I see a spider I will take it outside whereas they just smash it.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

I have to rescue the little creepy fiddler crabs that get in the house before my cat tries to eat them too. Those are some big turtles...

5:39 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Such a beautiful dragon fly, Pat! And I love that shot of the moon. Looks like a lazy in Florida. :-) There's something for you to watch on my LJ. ;-)

5:59 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Just beautiful, Pat! All of these shots. But wow, I really love that photo of the moon.

8:20 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Kathleen: ummm I don't know if I'd be as gracious to a spider! lol down here many are so huge there's no way I'd try to catch them!

tink: awww I remember fiddler crabs!!!!

Cath: sent you and email

Debi: thanks Debi.. It always amazes me when you can see the moon in daylight and "see the sky right thru it" lol..

8:30 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Dragofly's are so amazing...! Glad you saved it.
Love those two pictures--That dear Bird and those very sweet Turtles, too. The Pond is so filled with so much "life"...!

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home