My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Three Woody's!

Goodness! Look at this!  Three Wood Storks and an Egret all in the same corner of the pond!  This is the first time more than one Wood Stork came by at a time...

of course I had to get a close up of the one closest to me..

I don't think I've told anyone yet but one of the Ibis now eats out of my hand... in fact he's even aggressive!  I can play with him now... I can pretend to want to hold his very long beak closed and he doesn't run away.  I can also now hold bread up high while standing up (vs crouching to feed the moorhens) and he will "fly up and grab it from my hand"...then come back for more.  It's all very cute  ...BUT...(big but!) the Ibis are "hollow"!  they can eat and eat and eat.. I am sure I could feed them a whole loaf of bread and they would want more!  So, I am glad only ONE Ibis has decided to be aggressive and eat from my hand.  Sometimes it's funny... he might get a large piece of bread and then all the other Ibis chase HIM like they do the Moorhens!   There are times I feel he's getting what he gives lol.

4 Comments:

Blogger Astaryth said...

That is soooo cool! Glad you are making 'friends' ;)

Hey, how far are you from Orlando? Remember me saying they -might- move the animals Geoff works like in a year or so? Well, they started moving them yesterday. SURPRISE! We knew we were probably moving when the contract on the property was up in Jan, but we didn't expect to move so early! Needless to say I am running around like chicken with head whacked off LOL! Anyway, we are going to be living near Lakeland which is about 1/2 way between Orland and Tampa. I couldn't remember how far you are from there.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I think I would be scared to have an ibis eat out of my hands :p But that is so cool!! You scare me Pat! I get scared that one day you're just going to get attacked by all of these birds, lol. Love all of the woody's!!!

5:28 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

That's too cool. Bet those birds love you.

9:55 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

How WONDERFUL! I think that is just fantastic, Pat....So Very Sweet....!!
Love these pictures, too!

So sorry you had such a shock watching the Emmy's. Old Age Sucks, Big-Time!
It is true I have a lot of wonderful friends still here...But, I have lost quite a few really close and dear friends, too. It is horribly painful and these loses get harder and harder to take, I must say....So, I know what you are suffering Pat. My deep condolances to you, my dear.

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home