My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Around the Pond

The new guy on the block.  He's a Heron of some sort I am just lazy enough not to look it up at the moment. (I know I will eventually because I have to know! lol)

...if he's trying to hide among the ducks it isn't working!

(below) no matter what Deadeye is doing I just think he's beautiful.  (just don't stand downwind when he's doing his armpits!  j/k)

... a cow egret admiring his reflection!

... and Ibis waiting for food!

...and then there's always the Egret on the island..

8 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

The new guy on the block is very handsome, isn't he? I love the red tinge to his head feathers in one photo. And the egret admiring his reflection is a beautiful pic, Pat. Would look lovely framed on the wall.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

The new bird is pretty too!

3:57 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I'm liking the new bird :) Love these pond posts!! Looks like it's getting crowded over there again!

4:33 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath: he's returned a number of times maybe he's lucky fishing here lol

Tink: yeah, they all are pretty. it's weird I take all these pics as I'm not "a bird person". (re: infatuated with them. I do like them!)

Chris: The air must be changing although I'll be damned if I feel it! The crows have returned! They disappear in the heat of the summer.

8:37 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

LOVE ALL These Pictures, Pat. The NEW FUY is really Beautiful....Your pictures are soooo very very sharp! Just WONDERFUL....! As you know, I LOVE all the Birds at The Pond!

It is SOOOOOOO Hot here---It is frightening!

7:40 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

"GUY"....not FUY....Help!

7:42 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Is it a Little blue Heron?

I saw a white faced Ibis this past weekend... feeding in a flooded field west of town .

11:50 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hi Pam: I don't think so.. i think a blue heron is a bit "bluer"...but I could be wrong I usually am lol..
oh man if it were legal the people here would shoot the Ibis! They swarm here and poop all over and steal food from the poor little moorhens! it's almost impossible to feed the moorhens anymore!

6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home