My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, September 24, 2010

Fall?

So.. I hear it is now Fall but in Southern Florida there is no Fall.. it goes from hot and humid to "cold snaps" and back to hot and humid!

One of the rare signs of fall around her is that the Live Oak trees get acorns! (thusly, the return of the squirrels!)

Then when "winter" is here the trees will loose their leaves.. and that's all there is to fall and winter in southern Florida!

But I do try to feel "fallish" with the RIP theme that Carl has going for Halloween/ Fall.. I have this statue ..

... it's a Monk reading a book.  (now why would I keep that? hmmm, I should get "Name of the Rose to read)

I kept looking for signs of Fall around the house and found AG Bear with the Pumpkin Debi made and sent me last year!

..then I took Mr Pumpkin to my book shelf and added my TY Bat and some spider webs to make a Halloween like Picture in front of some "dark" books.

Not exactly scary!  But since moving to Florida I no longer  have the creepy basement, nor some things that were around the house there.  Oh well... I don't need a "real bat " or a "pumpkin head" killer laying around the house anyway!

Happy Fall to those fortunate enough to get it!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

I just love fall. I miss Georgia falls which last much, much longer than the Mississippi Gulf Coast ones. At least I get my hot chocolate and sweaters for a little while...

2:20 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

You are in the spirit of fall even if you don't have the weather for it. We are expecting temps in the 90's in the SF Bay Area this weekend so not sure if we are getting fall this year or not!

3:15 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

tink: same here but "winter" here is waaaay too short!

Kathleen: when we finally get some cool weather (feb?) I feel like a new person lol I hope you get your fall!

3:17 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I ALWAYS love the pictures that you create around Halloween :D It's become part of the season for me!! Looks like you have about as much "fall" as I do right now :p

1:02 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

It giot VERY HOT here in Los Angeles today...and it is supposed to get worse---like in the three digits---AND, it is more Humid than we used to be, too.....
We all knew this could happen, cause it has in the past, BUT...iy's enough already...!

I LOVE that little Pumpkin and I have one, too....I have to get him out very soon...Maybe when it cools down again....(lol)

2:18 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Chris: ah you have "none" also! lol I don't miss winter but I sure miss fall and spring!!

Hi Naomi! I remember you have one and so do the ladies that lunch lol..I don't "decorate" for holidays because in this very tiny apartment (just over 600sqft) there is NO WHERE to store a darn thing!

7:59 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

Been collecting acorns myself today, over at the canal with the grandson. I took photos so will have to see if any are usuable to post. Nice pics... I like your reading monk. Reminds me of stories by M.R. James.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Darla D said...

I've never seen live oak acorns before - they are so cute! They look like they're wearing little knitted sweaters. :-)

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home