My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I've Got to Stop!

I've got to stop going to thrift shops!  Sheesh.  Three of the 5 books below were thrift shop books and paid a total of only 2.00 for "Space", The Return of Sherlock Holmes " and "Garden of good and Evil".. The Little Stranger and Notes of a Cowardly Lion I got as used books on Amazon .  Sigh... I've got to stop!

 

.. I have so many in my TBR list that 5 more books is not what I need!  Gosh knows when I will get to them!!!  I'm upset with myself.. my tbr pile is back up to 103 books!! I had it under 100!!  My goal is to get it below 90!!! (for now) But I have a few books being released soon that I get because they are a part of a series.. *groan*.

I am so out of room for more books!  I have a pile of 37 YA books in a closet that I'd love to find a used book store to buy them for 3.00 each as they are like new, read once by me.  But no such stores are near me that I can find.  *sigh* If I weren't so hard up I'd just give them away.  I've given some away but obviously the bulk is still in my closet !

Help me! I'm drowning in books! lol lol

3 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

You got some really good buy there, Pat. Especially the Holmes and the Sarah Waters. But yeah... I know what you mean. It's one of the reasons I'm not buying much at the moment... I'm full to capacity and need to make some space before I buy more.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

I've been to the places in Garden of Good and Evil (love Savannah!) but I still haven't read it. You found some great reads! Try selling them on Ebay or Craigslist.

1:44 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

tink: i thought of that but it's not that easy for me to get to the postoffice to mail them out ..but I may try who knows?

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home