My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, September 13, 2010

I Should Not go to a Bookstore!

 So.. I went to Books-a-Million.  I like that they have a large selection on their sale tables.  I don't like when I want something full price! duh.

Anyway: this is what I purchased.

 

The 20th Century Ghosts and Mina were both under 5.00 each ... ummm, but The Child Thief by Brom was (cough.cough) full price: 20.00!... and here's some of the inside to show you "why" I bought it... In the center of the book are painting of the characters by Brom..

...and at most chapter beginnings are drawings..

As soon as I looked at the cover of this book I knew who Brom was.  I even have an art book of his that was put out in 1997.  (Actually, it was my brothers, I kept it after he died.)

So, did I buy the Child Thief for the art?  Ummm, well... since I have yet to read the book the answer would be yes!  Now I hope to heck the story is as good!

9 Comments:

Blogger Nicola said...

I think you did great! I loved the book. Gave it a 5/5 myself!

http://back-to-books.blogspot.com/2009/10/175-child-thief-by-brom.html

1:25 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Not familiar with any of these books but bet the ghost story one will be good. I love the illustrations in the 'Brom' book... what beautiful work that is. Don't blame you for buying it, Pat.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

You know, even if the story sucks (which hopefully it won't!), I'd say it was money well-spent! That artwork is amazing!

2:45 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

nicola: glad to hear the story is good!! thanks!

Cath: me either lol I think I will have to read the Brom book soon lol

Debi: I shouldn't spend that kind of money on a book.. generally I find many "used" ones even on amazon and can buy 2 or more for that price.. oh well.. I'll let ya know when I read it! lol

2:55 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I can understand how you wouldn't be able to resist that artwork, it is stunning!

4:16 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I love Brom's art! Always have!! Didn't even know about that book! hope you enjoy it Pat :D And 20th Century Ghosts has some really great stories in it!! Glad you got to go to the bookstore :D Enjoy your books!

1:54 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Kath: i love books with any sort of illustrations!

Chris: didn't know you were a Brom fan. learn something everyday

4:36 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

I really want to buy The Child Thief too, but not sure if I will like it!

12:40 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

I bought a paperback of 20th century ghosts a few months ago. I really liked Heart-Shaped Box so I'm looking forward to getting around to reading it. Gorgeous art!

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home