My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Tony Curtis dies at age 85.

LAS VEGAS -- Tony Curtis, the Bronx tailor's son who became a 1950s movie heartthrob and then a respected actor with such films as "Sweet Smell of Success," "The Defiant Ones" and "Some Like It Hot," has died. He was 85.

The actor died at 9:25 p.m. MDT Wednesday at his Las Vegas area home of a cardiac arrest, Clark County Coroner Mike Murphy said Thursday.

How I hate to write posts when it's about the death of a fine, fine, actor.

I was a lucky one though.. I got to meet the man not that long ago at one of the autograph shows before I moved to Florida...  But before that ..waaaaaay before that, I wrote to him and received this autograph in the mail.

and then at that show I mentioned I had his book "American Prince. a Memoir" autographed and snapped a few shots of him..

 

(below. talking with Tippi Hedren)

Life is so short.  We loose loved ones and Celebrities alike, faster than we realize.

If anyone has not seen Tony Curtis in movies, do yourself a favor and rent Some Like it Hot... and enjoy his talent along with Jack Lemmon and Marilyn Monroe.

As long as I can remember seeing movies Tony Curtis was there.. he'll be missed.  I'm glad I had the opportunity to meet him.

6 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Now this is sad. One of the last of the 'old time' actors, soon there won't be any left. I had a huge crush on him in my mid-teens. Loved all those hero movies he did, but most of all the comedies. The submarine one with Cary Grant being my favourite... can't think of the title now but I loved that movie to bits. And Monte Carlo or Bust, Some Like it Hot and so on. RIP Tony.

9:06 AM  
Blogger cj said...

Okay, I'm officially saying I envy you, Pat.

You've met so many cool people.

Tony Curtis was an amazing talent and I don't see many actors today that even come close.

Such a lose.

cjh

11:21 AM  
Blogger madcobug said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:12 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

he lived a long life --
He was one of the last greats I fear.

5:29 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Lately, there have been a lot of losses....The GREAT GREAT Director (Theatre, Films, TV) Arthur Penn, just a day or so before Tony Curtis. It's too much.

12:01 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath: Operation Petticoat.

cj: yes Tony Curtis was in a generation of really good actors and actresses...they are dwinding fast.

Pam: I hate loosing them all.

Naomi: we've hit an age when we are loosing all the people who made our memories..

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home