My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, September 10, 2010

Treasures Found..

So.. my girlfriend came over and we decided to hit a few thrift shops.  It's a rare day I go to them and NOT spend a few dollars.. I feel it my duty to support them because most of them help other concerns. A new one we found supports Battered Women and yet another supports the Humane Society.

So... one stop gave me three books (need that right? cha!)  I found a mint copy of The Great Tree of Avalon by TA  Barron for 2.00.  Then I got excited because I found a good copy of The Seven Per-Cent Solution by Nickey, ummm ..NIcholas Meyer Now I have all 3 of the Holmes books he wrote.  I almost ordered it off of Amazon but it was not the cheapest book around plus 3.99 shipping, so .75 cents sounded reeeeeeeal good!  And lastly I bought a not so good condition of The Pathways to the Gods which is a follow up book by von Daniken of Chariots of the Gods. (.25 cents!)

In yet another thrift store I found this little wooden rocking horse and I just couldn't leave him there! (1.99)  Isn't he cute?!!

 

..and at our last stop there was yet another rocking horse! I was on a roll, so I had to bring him home. (1.99)

Total spent: 7:00 !  I love a bargain!  Or is that, I love other peoples junk? heh..probably the latter!

7 Comments:

Blogger madcobug said...

Looks like some good bargains to me. Love those wooden horses. Helen

10:46 AM  
Anonymous daphne said...

I love thrifting! Very fun horsies, and of course cheap books are always satsifying.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Treasures indeed, Pat. What a coincidence to find the final Sherlock Holmes book you'd been looking for. And you're reminding me that I haven't checked out the charity shops in ages. Love the rocking horses.

6:27 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Now those are some deals! And I love the little horsies :D

1:19 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hi Helen: Daphne,Cath & Chris: yes I love my little horse's too lol..I have this "thing" for wood (trees and rocks) so I couldn't leave them homeless lol

Cath: I was thrilled to get Nick Meyers final Holmes book!! and it very good condition too!!

7:41 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

You did good, {at! Back-in-the-day, I rarely found anything I actually wanted to buy, when going to Thrift Shops....But I loved going and once in a great wgile would find what was a "treasure" to me, as these things are to you.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I love a good bargain and you sure found some treasures.

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home