My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Early Morn'

7 a.m is when I took my mile walk around the pond (5 times around equals 1 mile)

It's still darkish out, I can barely see the black top path that leads me around the pond... all is quiet.

When I reach the far side of the pond I can hear the cars going by out on Indian River Blvd.  It's Monday (yesterday) so many are headed to work for the day.   About 7:15 each morning I hear the train whistle as it crosses a street (about 3/4 of a mile away).  It echoes a haunting sound.  It breaks the silence of my walk.  When the whistle stops sounding I can hear the "clickity clack" of the train moving off into the distance, going I know not where.

This early in the day, the fountain isn't on yet  and so the pond is smooth... except for the fish that come up for air.

... the rest of the pond lies quiet. Only reflections on its surface.

Looking east I can see the sky becoming brighter as I walk.  Now I see the outlines of the Palm trees against the clouds.  Lately I've found the Florida clouds somewhat fascinating.  They seem lower than clouds in other states and they draw my attention for reasons I'm not sure of.

To the west there's a shade of pink... although the old saying of "pink skies in the morning, sailor take warning" won't apply today... there's no sign of rain in the forecast.

When I return into my apartment I look around and realize I have gotten out of hand with "low light plants" in the tiny space I have I am beginning to feel like I am in a jungle...

(not all plants here are new)

I look around and chuckle... I really wouldn't mind being in some forest... but a jungle??   nah, it can't be a jungle... it's a forest... yeah, that's the ticket!

6 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Your walk around the pond reminded me of the beginning of a book...all you need to add are a few dragons :D Fantastic pics Pat...definitely a forest ;)

8:14 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hey Kelly ..lol.. a book titled :The Pond ..hmmmm sounds like a mystery book to me lol

9:37 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Beautiful early morning walk, my dear. And your plants look like they are thriving!! Really Beautiful---jungle or not!

12:36 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

What a lovely post, Pat. very atmospheric and, like Kelly said, almost the start of a book. The pond could be the entrance to an undergound world...

Beautiful photos too.

3:58 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

thank you naomi..thank goodness for low light plants as I have to try to keep it dark in here all summer the heat is so intense.

Cath: makes you wonder why Mr Fry didn't visit vero beach in his book eh? hahaha

6:54 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

It is wonderful how you find beauty in simple things. I love your "jungle" of plants.

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home