My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, October 01, 2010

Merry Christmas to Me??

Look what I found on Ebay LOL...  the hardback of book 2 of Pern.. Dragonquest!...

Dragonquest: Volume 2 of the Dragonriders of Pern
Item condition: Like New
Time left: 29d 17h (Oct 29, 201008:16:33 PDT)
Price: US $750.00

Dragonquest: Volume 2 of the Dragonriders of Pern
By Anne McCaffrey
Binding: Hardcover
Publisher: Del Rey
Publication Date: 1979-01-12
ISBN: 034528030X
Quantity: 1
Condtion: Collectible: Excellent
Item Notes:
Like new hardcover, no DJ. First edition SIGNED by McCaffrey to "Pat". Dust jacket shows very minor shelf wear, otherwise an unblemished copy. A beautiful rare book.; 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed! Free Delivery Confirmation! Ships same or next business day!

Like new and even autographed "to Pat"!!! Hey it was meant for ME!!!  So who will buy me an early Christmas pressie? 

Awww, com'mon it's onlly 750.00 !!!!

Ok be cheap! I found a second one (also signed but not to Pat) and you save 200.00!.... and it had this photo which the other had none (like someone would spend 750.00 without so much as a picture of the merchandise) so I trust the photo more so ... yeah, I'll take the "cheap" copy LOL. 

I promise nothing else will go on my Christmas list! (well.. not unless the other two "hardback" books show up LOL LOL)

Signed DRAGONQUEST Anne McCaffrey HCDJ 1ST/1ST Pern MNT
Item condition: Like New
Time left: 1 day 6 hours (Sep 30, 201020:51:15 PDT)
Price: US $550.00

To be honest, this is my first "eyes on" proof that these first 3 Pern books were ever out in hardback!  I wonder what makes them so expensive when sci-fi/ fantasy is "not" considered anything worth reading??

8 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

You've no idea how much I wish I could, Pat!

8:54 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Yeah...I wonder too, Pat. I will never understand how these things work. I wonder what a First Edition of any signed Hemingway Book would bring??

And I wish I could get it for you, too, like Debi....!

11:57 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Debi: awww lol...thanks!

Hi Naomi: Hemingway I'd expect to be expensive! Just never thought Fantasy would become such a collectors item.

2:40 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Makes me think I should look through those boxes of books in my garage before I take them to the library to donate!

5:15 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

kathleen: usually a good idea!! If you find this book feel free to send it to Florida! lol

5:36 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

My jaw is on the floor. $750. Wow. I'm amazed that a fantasy book is so precious. Wish I owned it. Keep an eye out in thrift shops, Pat! And if I win the lottery this weekend, it's yours. But don't hold your breath...

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Shanra said...

My guess would be on rarity, but oh I wish I could afford to get you either for a Christmas present, Pat...

Well, could have, I think, judging by the bidding time stamps...

Maybe you'll get lucky yet. ^-^ (And I too have no idea what's going on with the book world. I've heard of one of the books I own being sold for over 200 dollars on Ebay and it's a 2009 release! I wish that were *my* book on email. That'd make an awesome profit...)

6:16 AM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

For a second I thought you might have actually bought it! Ha! I'll find a Santa and sit on his lap for you if you think that might help get this in your stocking this year.

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home