My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Oct. 12th Walking Around the Pond

I walked once around the pond and walked back in my apartment for my camera!  It is an unusually busy day at the pond!  I have to tell you though... this is not my best set of pictures this morning..not many would "pose"  lol.

Right out front of my apartment Woody was "resting".

Off to the corner were Ibis doing their thing (when they aren't stealing bread from the Moorhens) of shoving their long beaks into the mud and coming up with something to eat.  (snails?)

Also in a corner was DeadEye...

The big Blue Heron was here.. can you see him?  He's a Master of Disguise!

.... well... partly anyway heh.

And surprise, surprise!... a Grebe!! He/she looks younger than the one that stayed a long time last year... but he's just as lonely looking.. never 2 only one.

On the far side of the pond the trees are turning to "rust".. I guess that means "winter" is on it's way.  The tree in front of my apartment is last to loose its leaves and last to get the new leaves in the spring. I sound like there is really a spring and fall here.. not!

(but we have had a drop in temps and humidity so it is a relief, just not really "cool".  Have to wait for those "cold fronts" to come thru.)

8 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

I just love that Woody :D Better get out the scarf and mittens for those cold fronts Pat...lol

8:39 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

May not be a "real" fall, but that tree looks gorgeous nonetheless! Hope those cold fronts make their way to you soon! :)

10:52 AM  
Blogger fiction-books said...

We don't seem to be having much of an Autumn show of colour on the tres this year. The leaves are just falling too quickly, everyone says it is because we have such a hot, dry Summer, but you are well used to that in Florida.

We generally spend 3 weeks in Florida every December,staying over Xmas, and we love it. Unfortunately, for the first time in 20 years, we will not be making the trip this year. We will certainly miss our sightings of the mighty Blue Heron, you got some great shots there

11:31 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

kelly: smarty-pants! lol

debi: meeee toooo and I hope its a Loooooooooong winter down here.. no one said I couldn't wish!

Fiction Books:I miss spring and fall horribly! That doesn't sound good that you won't be coming down this year, I hope all is ok... do you not have a blog??

11:41 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

Woody looks like he's wearing a fur coat. I love the little grebe and the tree is so pretty. Wafting cool weather your way soon.

6:17 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh I just LOVE all these wonderful Birds....! And these are WONDERFUL Pictures, Pat. It got quite cold here today--after being in the 90's again earlier in the week. No one can keep up.

9:13 PM  
Blogger madcobug said...

Your pictures are wonderful Pat. I love the little one. It got below frost here this morning because I saw the roof across the street was white. I haven't seen any pretty colors, it was extra dry here this summer. Some of the leaves are just dying and falling without any color change. Have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend. Helen

9:23 AM  
Blogger bermudaonion said...

Beautiful photos! I should do that around our pond one day. I don't have a zoom lens, though and I'm not sure I could get close enough.

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home