My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, October 06, 2010

This Could be Interesting..

I read yet another book about the original Astronauts.  A number of times each of them mention a written part of their examination in which they had to do something called, "Who Am I.."  In this they had to make a list of 20 things beginning with "I am a  ....." .  An example for one of them would be:  I am a man. or I am a father.  As they mention also, it sounded way too easy, but they admitted that after the first dozen answers it became a great deal harder.

I thought this might be a good game to try with all of us... so I will try it and then I hope you do too..  (do not drop the "a".. it must read: I am a...)

 

1. I am a mother (watch how you say that!)

2. I am a  female.

3. I am a stubborn person (at times)

4. I am a dependable person

5. I am a honest person

6. I am a good listener

7. I am a computer nut

8. I am a friendly person

9. I am a loyal person

10. I am a matt that gets walked upon

11. I am a forgetful person

12. I am a shopper

13. I am a movie lover

14. I am a thoughtful person (I hope)

15. I am a dreamer

16. I am a nature lover

17. I am a sad person

18. I am a plain person

19. I am a poor person

20 I am a-lone.

This was NOT easy!  Let's see how YOU do!

8 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

Your answers are so poignant and honest. What a wonderful exercise.

12:38 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

I think you did WONDERFULLY Pat...So honest and touching, too....I'm not sure I will do this right now, but maybe some point in the future!

8:03 PM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

Hmmm...

1. I am a proud father.

2. I am a blessed husband.

3. I am a voracious reader.

4. I am a film buff.

5. I am a social worker.

6. I am a good son.

7. I am a contented Christian.

8. I am becoming debt-free.

9. I am loyal to a fault.

10. I am an NFL fanatic.

11. I am a decorator.

12. I am a gaming geek.

13. I am a creative person.

14. I am overwhelmed at times.

15. I am in love with nature.

16. I am less healthy than I should be.

17. I am a hopeless romantic.

18. I am a star gazer.

19. I am a dog lover.

20. I am done!

1:53 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Now that this last busy week is almost over I may do this as it looks like fun. I like your answers.

You okay, Pat, haven't seen you around for a couple of days?

2:59 AM  
Blogger Memory said...

Very interesting! It really is harder than it sounds.

4:49 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

I think that the harder it is for someone (like me) it's because I don't think of myself as having qualities.. i'm just me.

6:43 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

Wow, Pat...I think this one little exercise can say so very much. I loved reading what you had to say about yourself. It managed to make me smile at times and make me sad at others...and isn't that a perfect reflection of life?

(I think I'll give this a go over on my tumblr.)

7:29 AM  
Blogger fiction-books said...

Hi Pat,

I had great fun with this, took me about 30 minutes to complete.

Here is a link to my finished article
http://www.fiction-books.biz/my-latest-news-and-musings/i-am-a/

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home