My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, November 22, 2010

Coming to an End

My Desert Flower seems to be ending for this year... but I see a bud hanging on, hoping to open.

... my Geraniums have seen better days lol

...and all the acorns  have fallen... it's still rather hard for me to think of this as "fall", but it is what it is...

For some time now there have been no new baby Moorhens.  The parents used to always chase off the "youngins" as they matured but they didn't do that this year and we now have a pond FULL of Moorhens!  They are beginning to resemble "Cornish Hens" and people are wondering how they taste!!   I do hope some fly off before the "new season" begins!!!

I  believe that every one of these chicks are still here as adults!!!! (and the pond is not that big ..trust me!)

5 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

Nature always has a way of telling us when the seasons change.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

I think my geraniums are looking worse than yours, Pat. Poor things. I need to move them inside quick too as they're saying there's a possiblilty of snow by the end of the week. Eeeeek! It's supposed to still be autumn!

2:56 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Kathleen: yeah but if "feels" wrong in 80 degree weather for "fall"! lol

Cath: oh my! you rarely get snow let alone this early in the year!

6:19 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

I can't quite explain why, but I LOVE that picture of the acorns! :D

1:01 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Overflowing with Moorhens....I LOVE that picture with all the liyyle ones....Very Sweet!

The Acorns are dear, too! All very pretty pictures, my dear.

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home