My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Day-Before.

Snow in southern Florida??  I don't think so! But I can wish right?  So now all I have are my memories of snow and this little snowman on my door!

 

I will admit to missing watching it snow outside... but, of course, I don't miss shoveling it or even getting around in ice and snow... but I do miss seeing it!  And so, I went digging into old photo's and found this one of my son George...

(now that's some snow!) 

Meanwhile....

Tomorrow is "Bird-day"!!   Ok, ok.. Thanksgiving.  And I will cook a rather large turkey.   This is a "must" so that I have all the proper ingredients for Turkey soup made about a week after !

My friend Ella, who lives here in this compound, and a person I worked with some 25 or more years ago at Sears, will join me to eat.   I am not doing "fancy" this year... I planned on being alone (but the company is welcome!) and so only will cook a turkey   with stuffing and gravy, and will add baby brussel sprouts and cranberry sauce.  Ella will bring a salad and that's more then I need to eat!

I hope everyone has a fantastic Thanksgiving! 

5 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

I hope you and Ella both have a lovely, lovely Thanksgiving, Pat!!!!

7:58 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Pat. Glad you are sharing it with friends. And I look forward to hearing about your turkey soup and seeing some pictures!!

1:30 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Debi: hope you, Rich and the kids have a great one!

Kathleen: oh yeah turkey soup pics in about a week or so lol

2:00 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Thank you my dear...And To You Too! Have a lovely bountiful Thanksgiving!

After a while you won't even miss seeing the snow come down. That is a darling picture of your son, dear Pat!

2:36 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Pat. Hope you and Ella enjoy your bird. ;-)

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home