My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Never Go Back to a Used Book Store!

I went back to the used book store for Edward Rutherfurd's other book that I had spotted there : London.  As you see, I managed to get it... and then I began to look around...

So... a few people told me how good The Forest by Edward Rutherfurd was and that London would also be good.. so.. being me, I figure I'll go back and get it!  Heck it's only 1.00!! 

It was a bad move. It was also Mistake number one.

I  picked up The Book Thief by Markus Zusak  (1.00),

Middlesex (that everyone has read but me.. 1.00) by Jeffrey Eugenides,

and Welcome to the World Baby Girl by Fannie Flag (1.00). 

That's 3 more mistakes!  So far, that's four mistakes!  But four seems to be a decent number...

Four Books= four dollars!  (see?!)

But then there was a 5th mistake ......

I went into the kids section of the used book store ... (yup, big mistake!)  and found a book I already have, A Christmas Carol !  So, you'd think I'd leave it right?... wrong....This one was illustrated by Hildebrandt .  

1.00.  

I got it.

(I bought and read A Christmas Carol with illustrations last year but not this version, so this goes well to sit by it..)

Hildebrandt Illustrations:

While in the young peoples section I spotted Louisa May Alcott's Little Women (a bit more kids version)..

Yet another mistake:  I picked it up.

It  has illustrations in it!!

I got it.   3.00. 

(can you hear me sighing??? I'll be surprised if you don't!)

Now... where do I put THESE??  (Not that I have found a place for the last group I got from the used books store!!!!!)

*Help me!  Help me! I'm drowning in books!!!*

Hey Chris.. how about you and me open a used book store?!!!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

On the whole, being unable to resist great books is not a bad affliction to have!
However, in the interest of making shelf space, you may consider donating some of the books you've finished reading. Friends of the Library groups run fund-raising book sales, and would welcome more to sell.
The only problem is it will be impossible to resist browsing (read: "buying") the vast collection they have for sale. Bargain treasures are always irresistable! I started my business because of the love of book sales.
Happy reading and happy book hunting,
Helen Oram, Book Sale Finder - the Online Guide to Used Book Sales
http://www.BookSaleFinder.com

11:40 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

Under the bed? On top of the fridge? Squeezed between the food in the cupboards? All of the above? :P

Yep, I understand, Pat. But hey, could you really pass those up?!! Yeah, didn't think so...

1:00 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

helen: friends of the Library is where I bought these books!

Debi: I am beyond saving!

1:31 PM  
Blogger Memory said...

Debi beat me to the storage suggestions. :)

They may not have a shelf to live on, but those are some excellent books! And for such a good price!

7:01 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

You found some great books!!! I hope you enjoy them :) Especially London and Book Thief!

11:06 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Memory: yup ..the price was right!

Becky: I am now back over 100 bks in my tbr pile so I don't know when I will get to what!! but glad I got them, and glad you say they are good reads!

11:09 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

You got some treasures there Pat! Enjoy them even if you don't know where to put them! LOL

1:39 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Some great finds there, Pat. The Book Thief is a wonderful book. And I haven't read Middlesex yet either...

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home