My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, November 01, 2010

RIP Wrap-up

3,997 pg's!!!!  That's what I read for RIP!!  My best reading all year long!!! (as you can see I've only read 41 books so far this year.. pathetic to say the least, but this was a good group for RIP!)

 

I can honestly say that I didn't read a "bad" book for RIP!  Some were a bit better than others but all were enjoyable.  If I had to say the least favorite (but still not bad) it would be The Somnambulist, and my favorite would be a combination of the two Michael Cox books, The Meaning of Night and The Glass of Time.

I can still remember when I first found Carl and Stainless Steel Rat. He was in the middle of his Once Upon a Time Challenge and I just followed and read review after review and produced my first Wish List, which I continually add to...(hmmm..and I'm thanking him for this?)..

It's because of Carl that I have a HUGE tbr pile! (I must be out of my mind thanking him!) And have come to love RIP and Gothic Mysteries and even have read some classic Charles Dickens and Wilke Collins!!

Oh my, at this moment I have visions of the movie Misery .. me playing the Kathy Bates part of Annie and Carl Playing James Caan's part of Paul.  In specific the part where she Hobbles Paul!!  Sheesh that sounds very Halloweenie doesn't it!  Maybe I should just send Carl the Bill for all the books that I've read since I found him!!!  Yeah!! That's the ticket!!!

*giggle*.. thank you Carl for being the book-aholic that you are and sharing yourself with us... it's been a great ride so far and I suspect it will remain so!

10 Comments:

Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

41 Books!!! To me, that is a lot! Maybe I read 10 books this year....And the year before---less! I somegow had gotten out of the habit of reading....Now if you asked me how many movies I;ve seen--here at home, only---LOL...Probably 200 plus!

12:49 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Congratulations on all of the good reading you did for RIP. I always add tons of books to my wishlist from RIP!

1:12 PM  
Blogger Bellezza said...

I've had the same influence from Carl: lots of books added to my TBR pile because of the challenges he's hosted. He gets me out of my 'reading box' and into genres that I normally don't read.

I have The Little Stranger on my Nook, started it tonight in fact, and it's quite compelling already. We'll have to talk when I finish it. Why did the RIP have to end? :)

9:25 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hahahaha!! The Misery image has me laughing aloud over here...Yeah, Carl has put a lot of damage on all of our bookshelves and all of our pocketbooks. I'd love to know the cumulative amount of money that's been spent on books because of his influence!! Wow! You really did awesome this RIP!!!

12:07 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

kathleen: if only we were all rich! lol

belleza: oh yes! this gothic mystery topic has me reading stuff I'd never read! and I never read Dickens in school let alone reading it now when I don't "have to" read it! lol

chris: I thought about it and the hobbles would only keep him out of bookstores...there's still amazon so we will have to unplug his computer lol

7:10 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

I know what you mean--not only does Carl add loads of books to my piles, but it's because of him that I got to know you and Chris and Ana and... So, the damage is exponential!!! And yet, I still love him so. :)

Great RIP, Pat!!!!

8:26 AM  
Blogger Shelley (Book Clutter) said...

It sounds like you had great reading for RIP! I'm compiling a list of possibilities for next year already, and those two Michael Cox titles are going on it. Of course my list is getting rather long already . . . $$$.

9:48 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

debi: it's always fun meeting others with a same interest that you have ..so this works for sure!

shelley: lol thank goodness books are endless.. there's always something out there we need to read!

10:25 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

Eight books and all those pages is brilliant, Pat. (And 41 books so far this year is not that bad at all.) And what a superb list of titles for RIP. Be proud! :-)

8:06 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath: yes, the RIP reads went well but I remember once (in once upon a time I did 12 books) Still this is good for me and my slump!

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home