My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, November 06, 2010

Yesterday and Today..

Yesterday, late in the day the clouds came in and we had rain..which continues even today...

Since there was no need to be out anyway I decided to finish crocheting a doily because this Saturday they are having a small craft show here to try to sell crafts.. I will put out the afghans again, hoping to get rid of some. ..

I'll also toss out this doily.. it should be made with think cotton thread but it's made with thin yarn.. I just wanted to see if I could make it or not.. It's not toooo bad.. one booboo that I didn't know how to fix so I left it, but at least I did finish it !

close up of the "flower and leaf"...

The actual pattern does call for one round of green before the flower near the center and then the leaves to be green but I had this yarn with not enough to do anything with and so I just did this doily to get rid of the yarn... ( sold it for 6.00!!)

These (above) are 4 afghans I made but have had in plastic over a year... one lady bought them ALL!! (25.00 each..and no that doesn't cover the cost of the yarn but I needed them out of the apartment!)

Today is so beautiful outside!!.. that clouds above ushered in a "cool wave" and nights are now in the 60's and days high 60's low 70s.. but only until Tuesday .. that's ok I'll take any day I can get!!

When the cool came in my thoughts FINALLY turned to fall! So I went outside and took a picture of the acorns that have finally turned brown.

And.. the yellow bellied Warblers have returned for the winter! (I can't tell you how hard it is for one to sit still long enough for me to get just one shot!

Even if you cant see the Warbler (he's very tiny!) you can hear him constantly!  "teet, teet, teet".. enough of that could drive anyone nuts LOL....but he's soooo cute!

9 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

The doily is lovely. Reminds me of Grandma, who turned out doilies for everybody; I still have a couple of them.

5:07 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

That doily is AMAZING Pat!!! So intricate!!! You do such amazing work!! Congrats on selling your stuff!! It's ashame that it didn't even cover the cost of the yarn :( But at least you made a sale and got some money. Maybe in the future you can sell a few for some more money :) I've told you this before, but I just love my afghan more than anything!! It's such a treasure. I'm actually curled up with it right now :) It's always on my bed. Isn't this weather just gorgeous?? I wish it would stick around!!! Love you Pat!!!!!

6:58 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh...He Is Adorable! And that is a fabulous picture, my dear Pat.
How great that you sold all four of those lovey afgahns...CONGRATULATIONS! And the Doily is very sweet.

9:34 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Donna: my mother made them all the time too lol

Chris: hmmm so you've told me before.. but do I get a photo of you and the afghan?? noooooo! (big enough hint?)

Hi Naomi!..yes the tiny warblers are precious!
I am glad to have the afghans gone! lol

4:55 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

I still haven't sent you a photo of me with my Afghan either. I will do it I promise. Was thinking about it the other day, but that was far as it got.

Great that you sold all your Afghans... I'm sure the person saw how beautiful they were and snapped them up! You do such beautiful work, Pat.

And that little bird is soooo cute!

6:53 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

Oh Pat, Pat, Pat, Pat, Pat...I so wish you would try to get a little more for your work!!! I know, I know, if you price them higher, you worry they won't sell. But it just seems such a shame to just give them away. Anyway, I've no doubt you made that lady very, very happy!!!

10:44 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

I agree with Debi. Beautiful work like yours, Pat, would sell for four times what you priced them at, over here. That woman got a bargain and probably knows it.

10:51 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

cath: oh i believe in miracles so both of you will send photos...eventually LOL LOL..

Debi: I really would be happy just getting the price of the material so I could make another and another.... but now I found this nice soft yarn and to make an afghan now costs 42.00 ..trust me..money is too precious to everyone with loss of jobs and all so no one would pay that for an afghan when they can buy a 20.00 blanket in kmart.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

The afghans and the doily are so lovely!

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home