My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas 2010

My eldest son, George, my daughter (in-law) Kat, and grandson Brent came by on Christmas Eve and took me to lunch at Olive Garden. (love their soup / salad and breadsticks)

My grandson grew a foot and no longer wears glasses..sheesh.. they grow up tooooo fast!

(below) Boo is checking out the new scratcher  it's supposed to *file* his nails down as he uses it... of course that catch is "if he uses it" which so far he isn't!  I'd like very much to save the 12.00 every 5 or 6 weeks to go have his nails clipped. (no he won't let me do it!)

and then there's a few new toys to check out!

 

(hmmm, looks like big butt is at it again!  saved the new mousie with a dive under the television furniture, now trying to get himself out from under it!)

 

As one might suspect, he got out. lol

I hope everyone that celebrates Christmas had a fabulous one! 

Now, in a few days, we enter 2011...   I know I am old, and that there are many even older than myself..but I have to tell you, every part of me is still wanting to write 1960 or 70 or 80 or 90.. I've never been comfortable writing the 20--. I can't even fathom those that will write the 30's!

No matter what, I can only hope life is better for them...

As for me..I really did like when life was simpler. (never thought I'd say that seeing as how much I love my big screen TV and my computer)  But families were closer, maybe because back then there were stay at home moms and kids never came home to an empty home. ? I dunno what it was but it was quieter and nicer somehow. Ah well, I was used to that and today's younger people are used to what they have. I guess it all works out in the end.

But I will always remember penny candy, 10 cent comics, and staring at the channel number on the television until a program finally came on!  And I can never forget the Brooklyn Dodgers!  ( Don Newcombe/ Roy Campanella/ Pee Wee Reese/ Jackie Robinson/ & Duke Snider.. ok so memory fades after that lol)  Of course not everything was good, but we all choose to remember the good stuff.

It's hard for me at this time of year to loose yet another year. 

It all happens so fast.

But before I go, I do want to wish you all the happiest and healthiest coming year.. May 2011 be your best yet!

11 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

You have a happy new year yourself. Cliff and I love soup, salad and breadsticks at Olive Garden, too.

9:02 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Amd to you too, Pat!
HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! May 2011 be a Healthy and Happy year for you and for all those that you lovw!

9:20 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

What a lovely family photo.

Happy New Year, Pat. I agree with you that it feels weird to be writing 20 something. Nearly 50 years of writing 19 something and it's all gone! The other day someone said that something happened in 1992 and I thought that that was not so long ago. Then I realised.... it's 20 years nearly! Oh gosh.

10:55 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Donna: I hope you and Cliff have a grand 2011!!

Thank You Naomi..of course it goes without saying I wish the same for you !

Cath:the older we get the more we realize that life goes by in the blink of an eye...It's way too short!

11:17 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

Happy New Year, Pat!

11:20 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

happy new year Becky!!

11:27 AM  
Blogger fiction-books said...

Happy New Year Pat,

I always used to laugh at Grandparents and then Parents, who used to say that the older you got, the quicker time went.
Now I know that it's true. Blink and another year is gone.

Yvonne

6:08 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Yvonne: it's downright scary!

6:10 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I'm glad you had family with you on Christmas. I'm hoping you will have a wonderful 2011. I look back a lot too and think you are right about things being simpler back in the day. And you are also right about kids...they only know how they've grown up so don't have the faintest idea what they have missed out on.

4:38 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

maybe it was our perspective --
seems like things just fly by now - no time to enjoy as we did years ago.

I feel old -- and look old.
weren't we princesses last year?

Happy New Year Pat

9:02 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

pam: maybe YOU were a princess LOL I never was.. tomboy here! hahaha

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home