My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, December 20, 2010

I Need a Cure!... NOW!

Well, I took some books to the used book store today also.. then came home with MORE books! 

I cannot believe I do this, I am at the point of having to get rid of books I've read that I want to KEEP!

This last trip when I gave them books I didn't expect to take anything home!...but I am actually very happy that I did.

First, I got these two "paperbacks"  ..Folly  by Laurie R King was 1.00 and the biography of Helen Keller by Dorothy Herrmann, was 3.00..

so far so good huh?... ummm, then I found some hardbacks..

One is David Copperfield a 1980 publication with illustrations..  it was 5.00  I have a paperback of this book, (which I haven't read yet)  but the hardback is in such good condition I couldn't resist.. look and see what you think.

Then I spotted two more hardbacks... (geez, I've got to get a life!)       I bet you can't read the titles.. they came in their own covers! the spines were a bit soiled... but... the rest of the covers were in great condition

Very good condition... one drawback.. they have a musty odor... but I bet you want to know what they are!.. (look below)..  publish date  1938!!  and the pages are neat, clean (though smell musty) and Illustrated!!! 

(I didn't think anything got published before "I" was born!  Heck, my birth certificate is carved in stone!)

curious as to the price???

3.00 each!!!  I just couldn't leave them there! 

I am thrilled with them! I might actually read them since the print is a  lot more legible.   But if you know a way to kill the musty odor do let me know lol..  (all this and they will most likely not be read for some time!)

After I  posted about the other books I bought a few days ago  I panicked at posting these!! 

I feel like I've gone insane!! 

I have to bring a bunch more  books to them just to make room for these!  I am at the point I am ridding myself of books I want to Keep!!!  I am not leaving this house for a week nor will I go to amazon!  If anyone posts a review of a good book I will scream!!!!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank each and everyone of the blogreaders and those I follow for doing all they can to support my addiction!! 

  

*I was to go to a white Formal affair, but when they brought the white jacket I noticed it had these very l-o-o-o-o-o-ng arms... *

*They're coming to take me away, hey hey..*

8 Comments:

Blogger christina said...

I don't think your insane ;-) but that's primarily because I would be doing the same thing that you just did. Especially since those are such good deals!

7:55 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

christina: used books stores are a book lovers bane! lol

7:59 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

I read Tale of Two Cities as a teen. I can't remember much about it other than I thought it was absolutely brilliant. You got some bargains there, Pat.

6:45 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath: Bargains yes... but trying to make space where there is none.. argh! lol

7:05 AM  
Blogger Darla D said...

Who on earth could resist those? What great buys! Yes, you're hopeless, but there are worse addictions (at least that's what I tell myself...).

5:49 PM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

Now I have a hard time believing that you can't believe you do this. You know that you are just as bad as the rest of us! LOL! And who could blame you, those are great finds. Those Dickens books are fantastic. I probably would have paid more for them.

6:27 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

If you find the cure Pat, do let us know. I'm sure there are a few of us that share your addiction. The books you bought are so lovely and the price points so low. I know I am justifying it but that is what addicts do, right? HA!

7:36 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

carl: I HONESTLY can't believe it. When one lives way below the poverty level one SHOULD have enough common sense not to spend money friviously! But I did think the Dickens books were a steal too!

Kathleen: boy, you hit the nail on the head..that's what addicts do! lol

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home