My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Normal?

I'm sure the above photo looks like a normal photo for Florida in December....  but... there is one thing *not* normal about the picture.   And that would be the temperature!  In Vero this morning it was 27 degrees!  If there was moisture in the air we'd have snow! (dang , now that I would love to see!!)

Yup.. 27 degrees, we broke a record for cold here... wind chill made it 16 degrees! ...and you know what that means... the price of citrus will be rising!

Of course  I am loving it..but then I can since I know how short lived the cold weather is down here.  When I lived up north winter seemed never ending but down here I love the little bit of cold that we get.  I do wish it didn't make prices go up and feel badly for the loss of any farming that looses when it drops below freezing... still.. inside I love it!

On the other hand... BooBoo can't curl up tight enough to stay warm!  I believe he thinks that if he covers his eyes and then uncovers them that everything will be back to normal !

But until then... if feels really good to wear sweats instead of shorts!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

27 degrees? Wow, that is really cold for Florida. I bet people are complaining loudly about it. Glad you are enjoying it, even if it is only temporary.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Am flabbergasted that you have it that cold! Just looking at Boo and wishing I could curl up like that. :-)

9:37 AM  
Blogger fiction-books said...

I can't believe you have it that cold.

We have travelled from the UK to Florida for December, every year for the last twenty years and have never had it quite that cold, that I can remember.

This year, due to personal financial constraints, we were unable to come. I miss it sorely, but am a little consoled by the fact that it would have been mighty chilly!

Boo has got the right idea!!

Yvonne

12:26 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

fictionbooks: nope you didn't miss much this month! it will warm up by the weekend and then another cold front is coming! I've never seen it this cold in December before! (personally i love it but people who visit sure dont!)

12:30 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

AMAZING! Love that picture of Boo!
It is hard to believe it could be that cold in Florida....I'm glad you are enjoying it, Pat! As you said---it will be short lived...lol!

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home